Basic First Aid ~ St Johns

I realise its not the same as doing a real course, however, it's free and informative, if you have 30 minutes spare.

You will also receive a certificate upon completion "Crash Course - Emergency First Aid for Road Users"

Click to Save Course

This fun, yet useful course gives you the basic knowledge to 'Do Something' before the ambulance arrives. The course shows you how to recognise an unconscious person, and provide basic first aid such as CPR, bleeding control and recovery position. The duration of the course should take approximately 30 minutes. You can complete the interactive course at your own pace, in your own time or even to review a session where you left of.

Just log on now and you will be on your way to helping reduce our road toll. Who knows, the person you help could be the person sitting next to you.

Adobe Flash Player Version 8 or higher is required.

Note: You must remain connected to the Internet for the duration of the Course.

Time required: 30-45 minutes
Cost: $19.95 (currently FREE for a limited time)
Pre-requisite: None
Click here to access the Crash Course.

I've just done it myself as a bit of a refresher for a upcoming course

Thanks Redwing,

Good to do a refresher, got there in the end, I knew what to do but the order of priorities trapped me on one.

Come on folks, have a go, you might learn something :)

Done. I nearly got a perfect score too.
Thanks Redwing. It's good to have a refresher on this stuff. You just never know when you might need it, or worse someone might need to know how to do it to you.

*BUMP*

Hope others have a go also, it will cost you nothing and you never know when you may require the skills within

At the least, its a new certificate for your CV, at the most, it's a life saving skill

An "S" has been added to the acronym DRABCD to reflect the new DRSABCD

“S” (Send for help) has been added to the acronym to now read - DRSABCD

CPR cycle (30:2)

Great thread redwing,

I have to update my Senior First Aid every year as part of one of my professions.

Everyone should do this course once a year. I have found myself a witness and first on the scene to two accidents in the past three years and it is amazing what some people will do or say to an injured person. All with good intent of course, but with potential to harm.

A girl who had been hit by a car and was lying on the road with a lady trying to lift her and get her to the side, while the guy that hit her was standing over her crying hysterically. No one had called an ambulance and traffic was diving everywhere.

You never know when you might need it.;)

Regards JO

Gotta love the amount of AED's showing up in public places also

I'm off on a Vertical Rescue and Confined Space Rescue Course shortly as skills maintenance

There's been an update on this

CINEMA CRASH STUNT

To highlight the benefits of the clicktosave initiative St John Ambulance WA enlisted 50 young actors to participate in a theatrical stunt at a local cinema. Each of the actors were asked to invite four friends to the screening of a new movie. What the unsuspecting friends didn?t know that they were about to experience how it feels to be involved in a car accident, and their reactions were being filmed. Check out the videos below to see what happened.

Take the free ClickToSave course here from St John's Ambulance and download your certificate at the end

It's free and may refresh some skills

Everyone should try to have at least a basic understanding of first aid and CPR.
Hopefully you never have to use it, but there's nothing worse than not knowing what to do in an emergency.

Good post RedWing.

There is a Red Cross app which gives "instance access to the information you need to know to handle the most common first aid emergencies". It's probably available in the Google store as well as Apple. Search for Red Cross.

There is also a free online course below

kNOw asbestos in your home

Exposure to asbestos fibres increases the risk of developing asbestos-related diseases such as mesothelioma and asbestosis.

Home maintenance and renovations involving asbestos-containing building products are exposing growing numbers of people to asbestos. Any jobs around the home involving asbestos are a concern, given the large number of homes in Australian cities and towns thought to have been built with asbestos-containing products.

This course is designed to give the DIY home renovator basic knowledge about asbestos, and the risks and safe practices when working with or removing, small amounts of asbestos-containing material. If you are thinking of doing a renovation (ranging from painting to the removal of asbestos) this course will be invaluable.

Back