Bath or No Bath Poll

Bath or No Bath Poll ?

• Yes - Every Unit / House should have one !

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • No - They are old news and never get used !

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
Yes I think in the 2 bed units a bath is a must however in the one bed units i never see any kids / babies so i think i'm safe.

again thanks for all the input..

ok first hand experience of last night
id been painting doors and the front step for the whole day in alot of pain so thought ill jump in the bath
it became apparent to me why i do not have them
first i waited about 15 mins for the bath to fill up! (dont know if the town supply has low pressure or its my pipes) my parents run off rain water so they have a pump so pressure is really good
then i finally hop in only to find im too tall (6 foot 2" (188cm) for the bath my knees and shoulders are sitting out of the water and the bath is about 1600mm long
when hopping out i stand up in the bath and feet are squashed from the bath i cant stand sideways and standing along it its even uncomfortable
i then knock my elbow on the wall when turning around...

i really dont see how someone could use a shower over bath...

10000s of them in melbourne in apartments - they use it everday.

I voted bath - but it depends.

3 br house in the burbs - definitely
1 br apartment on Bondi beach - maybe

If you have the room add a bath, not having one may limit prospective buyers or tenants in my opinion

I love baths but haven't had one in over a year! Just don't have time. I'd never buy a house without a bath because when going to sell, It does narrow your market -but for rentals in a tight market, tenants will do without baths if they have to.

In saying that I did buy a 2 bedroom cottage where the bathroom was beautifully renovated without a bath (although there was room for one, the previous owner put in large shower instead). I didnt' want to redo the bathroom which would be expensive just to put in a bath so i tested the market. I had plenty of interest and eventually a mother with 2 young kids took it (not babies). Eventually I aim to add another bedroom and ensuite and then redo the bathroom and add the bath.

This is in a 1 bed unit.. So I have opted NO BATH...

Interesting .. Even people who vote yes don't use them...

Babies normally have baby baths and kids can shower if needed rather than bath..

I don't see any families moving into my little 1 bed unit.. So I am guessing I'm safe...

What this does do is allow me to build in a laundry. And this is a massive plus rather than a shared laundry at a unit block...

I'll let you know if this affects my rental uptake... But I'm sure internal laundry trumps never used bath!

Back