Beenleigh vs Logan region

Good info Coldspace, nice to have someone from the area and out on the road so to speak.

I was up there recently and took an exit off the M1 one past where I had intended to turn off and ended up having to drive down City Rd (Beenleigh). I had not been to Beenleigh for many years and had forgotten what it was like, surprised as the main street?? seemed pretty tidy and thriving ...at least from a quick glance while driving. From what I have read on here about finding good tenants in Beenleigh I was expecting to find a scruffy run down place worse than the cheaper central Logan suburbs.

I was looking around some of the halfway OK Logan suburbs further west around the $300k but now wondering if I should have considered Beenleigh. Eagleby kept popping its head up in the price range and newer houses but I have never been there and was wondering if a bit remote/wrong side of the M1 once you get that far out of Brissy compared to Beenleigh through to Browns Plains area and surrounds with more shops/infrastructure. Your reasons for buying in Eagleby other than more for your money? :)

Good points, im going to go against the trend here and say if it was comparing apples with apples in Beenleigh vs Logan central/surrounds

I would go towards Logan Central/Surrounds.

although there is developments going on in beenleigh, its still quite far from the more central logan, yes its closer to gold coast, but brisbane is more central

and logan is a big city in itself too

since the prices in beenleigh are higher then logan central,

for capital gains purposes, I would bet my money that logan median prices will catch up or even surpass beenleigh in the medium to long term

I'll also note that rates in Logan (Beenleigh or LC) are higher than that of Brisbane City Council... something to take into consideration when purchasing in these areas.

On the subject of beenleigh vs logan central if I was given the option of an identical property in either suburb I would pick Beenleigh.

Logan Central is essentially a rebadging of the suburb woodridge done because of it's extremely poor reputation. The facilities are no better than beenleigh and are a lot older. Beenleigh is closer to the better shopping centres that people actually want to go to ( eg logan hyperdome).

It is closer to the Gold Coast and it's really not much further to the brisbane CBD given it's right on the M1 and the train station is one of the stops on the express train ( logan central stations of Woodridge and kingston are bypassed by the express).

With regards to rates I pay between 700 and 800 per quarter typically for my PPOR and investment properties all in logan. This includes water.

Not sure how this compares to Brisbane city council.

IMO Slacks Creek offers the best value for money with good CG prospects. Every suburb North, south and east are about 100k more for similar products and proximity to infrastructure. I have 2 there and am very happy with them.

Back