Bendigo For First Ip???

Hello,

I bought my first IP in Bendigo just under 3 years ago and it has increased 7-8% per year and I currently have it positively geared.
Bendigo has 3 things really going for it, the Bendigo Bank, the university and the hospital. There is no shortage of tenants and if you get a really good local real estate agent you will be fine as they can filter out the 'crap' - I can reccomend someone if need be.
When the time is right I would not hesitate to purchase in Bendigo again as it is a very safe secure investment.
Suburbs I would reccomend 'Strathdale, Inner Bendigo, Flora Hill, Kensington'

Hi Sara,

What do you think of California Gully? It is near bendigo, and has some nice new property there.

Cheers

Hi, I live in Bendigo and have invested here for years. I agree with Sara its a great place. Low vacancy rates, providing you buy in the right area you get good tenants with good returns as for 10% not likely. I bought a house last year in North Bendigo near the new hospital for $190,000 spent $20000 doing it up and now get a rental return of $270pw which I dont think is to bad. Place is probably worth now $260,000. If you need advice drop me a line. Hi Jonesy I have bought through DCK on a number of occassions not because I like them but because I liked the house they were selling. Sara your recommendations for suburbs are pretty good but I think you mean Kennington not Kensington. I wouldnt be investing in Huntly. Sure there are some new houses going up there but the infrastructure is still a long way from being done. Its a fair way out and the capital gains will be slow.

Back