Bendigo vs. Beenleigh/Waterford

Hi all, i am thinking of investing in the above two areas. In terms of capital growth which of the two areas would be the best to invest in?

Do you seriously think there will be significant capital growth in the Australian Real Estate market in the next 10 years?
GOOD LUCK

My guess is prices will be flat and in real terms falling slightly over the next 10 years.

I dont know Beenleigh but Bendigo has a lot going for it at the moment.

Great rental yields and very low vacancy rates. An example is Golden Square, a great suburb on the south-western edge of the CBD that is quite popular with families, it has a vacancy rate of 0.5% at the moment and yields are 5-6%.

With a shortening time between Melbourne and Bendigo, increased investment in Bendigo (Bendigo hospital upgrade, state government departments moving there, etc) and a great self-sustaining economy, along with a small entry price - it makes for good buying.

Bendigo reminds me of Frankston market 5 years ago, and I think the fundamentals are there for a boom.

I dont know Beenleigh but Bendigo has a lot going for it at the moment.

Great rental yields and very low vacancy rates. An example is Golden Square, a great suburb on the south-western edge of the CBD that is quite popular with families, it has a vacancy rate of 0.5% at the moment and yields are 5-6%.

With a shortening time between Melbourne and Bendigo, increased investment in Bendigo (Bendigo hospital upgrade, state government departments moving there, etc) and a great self-sustaining economy, along with a small entry price - it makes for good buying.

Bendigo reminds me of Frankston market 5 years ago, and I think the fundamentals are there for a boom.

Thanks for the great advice. I hadn't considered Golden Square so i will certainly take a look. I had mainly been thinking about doing a house/land package in Kangaroo Flat or Jackass Flat (Evergreen Waters).

Cheers.

I only mentioned Golden Square as I have bought 2 there so know it well.

There are lots of good suburbs in Bendigo, and each serves its purpose. What are your investment goals?

I only mentioned Golden Square as I have bought 2 there so know it well.

There are lots of good suburbs in Bendigo, and each serves its purpose. What are your investment goals?

Hi Belu,

I am mid 20's and finished university 2 years ago. I have saved up enough for a 20% deposit on a 300K house. My goals are to purchase an investment in an area that has good rental yields, and put as much equity as i can into the house over the next 3 years. I believe i should be able to get about 150K equity into the house in 3 years and once i achieve that i will be looking to purchase my first property to live in here in Sydney.

With Bendigo being a high growth area, i am looking at Bendigo closely, and neighbouring suburbs like Eaglehawk, California Gully, etc. I have seen some good new houses for about 290K with a 335 rent return, but by the time i add stamp duty and fee's onto the house it feels like the 335 rent return wont be all that good?

Cheers

Hi Mercthunder,

I noticed your post and it sounded so familiar to my situation. I'm in Melbourne and when we orginally starting looking for an investment, we started out looking at Brisbane. We then changed our plans and looked into an option closer to home and did a lot of research on Bendigo but then we decided that Brisbane was the way to go for us.

What really helped us was narrowing down a few suburbs which fitted a list of criterias we set out. We then shortlisted a few properties to view and headed into Brissy. We did a drive around the areas we had researched and met with an agent who showed us a few options. I must say that once we were there, we quickly got a feel for the area and for us, it really helped us to nut out what options to rule out and what options to keep considering. The agent's knowledge of the area can also point you in the right direction.

We are actually heading into Brissy again tomorrow to see a house that we have a keen eye on. It's so different what you are sitting at home and pouring through data and articles but once you get out there, you might get a different perspective. It really helped us so perhaps it might help you too :)

All the best with your search!

Back