Best area to buy close to Werribee hospital

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you guys can give me some feedback on the best area to buy close to Werribee hospital. I will be working at WH for at least the next 3 years and would like to buy somewhere close by due to my long working hours. I've never lived in Victoria so am unfamiliar with the area.

I'm looking to spend up to $400k and am looking for a house with a bit of grass around it due to having a big dog. Not fussed about school zones, etc.

So far I've got:
-Hoppers crossing
-Werribee
-Point Cook
-Sanctuary Lakes

I've read that the west have a bit of a reputation but my understanding if if I'm on call I can't be more than 20-30mins away from the hospital (inc. peak hour traffic) so am looking for suburb that safe and convenient close by.

Look forward to any suggestions/feedback.

I would rent somewhere close to work and use the money you have to buy an IP somewhere else (if you want to). A lot of the suburbs in that list are actually going down in value at present so I wouldn't advise buying there.

As stated, is purchsing in the area a must for you?

You said that you may only be there for 3 years.

You could rent close by in property that fits your needs

then purchase in a property purely for investment.

Werribee and Hoppers Crossing are the closest suburbs to the hospital. Werribee is basically an old country town and has a mixture of housing styles, including some period homes. Hoppers has 1970s onwards homes. Point Cook has lots of new housing. Sanctuary Lakes is more upmarket.

Traffic can be pretty terrible in all of those suburbs in peak hours, but you would sort of be going against the tide if you live in Pt Cook/Sanctuary Lakes.

I agree with other people's suggestions that you should consider renting, at least for the first year while you check out the area. There is currently a glut of properties for rent in the area at the moment, so you shouldnt have trouble finding something suitable for a reasonable price.

Hi Kiwi,

I rent in point cook and work at WMH. Plenty of 4 bedders close to PC town centre $350/wk or under, with grass :) Traffic to city in the morning can be horrific (sometimes 45min to get on the free way). Will get only get worse. But to WMH, 5 min via back door way (Hoppers Lane - Sneydes Road).

If you don't have to buy, it is renter's paradise down here. 177 advertised rental properties in Point Cook alone. Point Cook and Sanctuary Lakes are fine unlike hoppers and werribee. Lots of family and kids walking even at night.

PM me if you like.

Back