Best PM on Sydney's Northern Beaches by far

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to plug my Property Manager in Mona Vale. His name is Stephen Scutts and he works out of Hardy's Mona Vale.

I've been through a few on the beaches with limited succes, but since coming across to Stephen I've been blown away by how far he goes beyond the call of duty. Here's some of the things he's done for me:

1. Drops into the property several times a day to open it up for trades to come through and do final defect repairs before the tenants move in.
2. Drops around to take photos for me to include in reports for my certifier to get my Occupation Certificate.
3. Got his own gardening tools and dropped them off on site for me so we could do a bit of work on site when we were in Sydney.
4. After we put some nice statues and cycads in tubs on site he calls up and says he'll personally plant out the cycads for me instead of leaving them in the tubs.
5. He's arranged any number of excellent trades that he has contact with to come through and solve some of our little problems. A great builder (60 odd retired), a great garage door guy, a great plumber.
6. His garage door guy personally saved me over $1,000. I got a quote from a turntable company to replace the radio controller and issue new remotes and it was $2,500 odd. His garage door guy quoted $100 for two new controllers, one for the turntable and one for the garage door, then $70 each for some new remotes to operate both. All up $800 and he can then issue as many new dual remotes as we want down the track.
7. He's even chasing our builder to get them to come back and do defect repairs. He's emailing them and calling them constantly and letting their trades onto site to do the defect repairs.
8. He's lined up a great custom blind quote with his local supplier and negotiated a small discount with him too.
9. He's got two ladies working for him dedicated to inspection reports and managing tenancy performance. Their work is impecable and something you don't get from the small practices.
10. His vetting of new tenants in was great. We've ended up with top tenants on top dollar leases. Couldn't have asked for more.
etc. etc.

He says my site takes up about 30% of his day at the moment and its only one of his many PM contracts. He works crazy hours managing my property for me and is doing it all for just the very competitive commision he gets.

We talk all the time, several times a day at present and he's a great bloke. He reckons I owe him a couple hundred dollar lunch in Manly when I'm next in Sydney and I reckon he's right! Looking forward to it!!

So, if you're ever in the market for a professional PM anywhere on the Northern Beaches, give Hardys Mona Vale a call and ask for Stephen Scutts. You won't regret it!!

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
+1 Recommendation for Stephen Scutts from Hardy's Mona Vale. Stephen has been acting as my agent since September last year for what has been a challenging property for the first six months made even more challenging with me being based over 6,000kms away.

Stephen has managed the entire end to end process from getting the property ready to rent, managing tradies, managing tenants through challenging circumstances and dealing with emergencies at the property (at one stage even enlisting the help of his dear wife) all taken in his stride without a word of complaint. He has kept me up to date on an hourly basis when necessary and is always available to talk. I can only say he is honest, true to his word and has delivered on every commitment.

Further to the OP I couldn't agree more that Stephen is also just a downright good bloke that has gone above and beyond the call of duty on too many occasions to mention and has only ever exceeded my expectations. I'm another one that owes Stephen a nice lunch!

Feel free to drop me a PM and I'd be happy to provide a direct reference based on my experience.

His wife!???

Now why didn't I think of that... ;)

Wow, I knew he was good but that blows the mind. And they're no small two-bit outfit either. They're one of the biggest on the Northern Beaches and I guess I know why now.

Thanks for the insight into your expat experience too.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi, I've just purchased an IP On the Northern Beaches and tried to contact Stephen Scutts; he no longer appears to be with Hardy Mona Vale, and the phone number for another company he started (CastleRock ) has been disconnected.

Does anybody know of another good PM on the Northern Beaches?

Many thanks

Back