Bill Zhengs Mentoring Program

Hi all

Just Wondering if anyone has been to Bill's 90 day mentoring program. From the information I have it is mostly to do with psychology and the mindset and some aspects of finance.

regards

Sunny

My wife and I attended and it was excellent value - for us. It is the psychology of investing (which applies to most fields of your life). But you have to be ready for it, open and willing to learn. Bill combines eastern and western philosphy and the package was extraordinary for us. But we were ready for it, and needed it.
I guess one of the best recommendations is that a significant amount of people repeat it, because they got so much from the initial one. Also we travelled from Queensland to attend - 3 seperate days over 3 months - the logistics were a big thing fro us. And we were not robinson crusoe!!
Have you heard Bill speak? Amazing +++++. Subscribe to his newsletter at Investors direct and it will give you tantalising taste of the mentoring programme, but less than a teaspoon full!

I haven't attended it but I've also heard good things. Apparantly (as rambada pointed out) about 1/3 of each course are people repeating it.

Thanks for your replies

Thanks

I have read his news letters and they are very good. The thing that struck me most was he was aiming at the overall aspect of investing and not one particular feature and how that sits in your life.

I am contemplating signing up. I admit I am a procastinator and want to get rid of it.

regards

Sunny

Last edited:
Procrastination is the enemy, Bill sorts this out well.
I must say, its hard not to leap through the computer and say do it, it has been that worthwhile for my wife and I. But you have to be ready, you have to have an inclination of opening up. The mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open. Its a cliche but Bill did change our lives - but we were ready & willing for it (actually Bill enlightened us to that - "if you are in the test, you are up to the test" - goose bumps!!!).

Hi paisneil,
If I were you I would subscribe to Bill's newsletter at the Investors Direct website and then book in for one of his $55 seminars to "test the waters" before you sign up for a more expensive mentoring program.

Bill came highly recommended to me and I was disappointed with him to say the least. I feel he knows his finance well but personally felt he was out of his depth as a motivational/wealth psychology guru. IMHO he took 5-6 hrs to say what could easily have been covered in 15 minutes. And to those who might say I didn't give him a go ........I actually decided to try a 2nd seminar (which was supposedly on finance but ended up being Bill's "wealth psychology" routine) , found it painfully slow and walked out after 2 hrs having realised my first impression was right.

I acknowledge that Bill has obviously been of great help to rambada and others and this is no effort on my part to cheapen their experience. Just trying to give you some alternate opinion so as you don't fork out your hard-earned and end up regretting it. I am 32yo and retired from the ratrace so maybe I don't need what he has to offer but in any case...........go and see him speak live first (for a nominal fee) and then decide if he's your cup of tea as a mentor.

Cheers,

Ed

paisneil said:
Hi all

Just Wondering if anyone has been to Bill's 90 day mentoring program. From the information I have it is mostly to do with psychology and the mindset and some aspects of finance.

regards

Sunny

Hi Sunny,

The following is only my opinion:

I haven't done the mentoring program though, I have seen him speak several times. I also get Bill's newsletter.
It is my opinion that the psychology aspect of investing he teaches is great and fundamental for many people (about 80% of them). As we know, all starts in the mind thus, if the mind has not the right mindset then, the results won't be the expected ones.
I guess, that from this thread you should get + as well as - responses. And I would say that all of them are right since, there is no right or wrong responses in this area... It all come down to the Paretto law (most popular known as the 80/20 rule). So, these type of training is good if your financial mindset is in the 80% but, won't be necessary if you are in the 20%.
I hope no one gets offended with this since it is not my intention to do so. We all have aspects of our lifes that resides in the 80% and others in the 20%

Regards,
James.

Evh

Eddie VH is 1 of my inspirational guitarists, geeze, he's forgotton more than I'll ever know.....he's not everyone's cup of tea though either!
I can't play "Eruption" now....yet I know I can! I have no doubt.
We follow the BZ method, & give thanks for that.
You obviously know the answer already so I commend you on your observations.:D
TEACHER ARRIVES WHEN YOU"RE READY TO LEARN
Have a great day... I am;)

I attended one of the property seminars with Bill Zheng, Ed Chan & Michael Yardney - I found their approach to property investing highly risky. The way the share market was brushed aside during the into as a place to lose you money turned me right off. Personally, I think the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Invest007 said:
I attended one of the property seminars with Bill Zheng, Ed Chan & Michael Yardney - I found their approach to property investing highly risky. The way the share market was brushed aside during the into as a place to lose you money turned me right off. Personally, I think the money could be better spent elsewhere.

I guess it was a real estate seminar not a share seminar.

Invest007, what was highly risky about their approach?

Invest007 said:

Hi

I clearly remebmber Ed Chan saying shares were as good an investment as property and if he could get the same leverage on shares as he does on property he would put much more of his money into shares rather than property.

By the way - what aspect of the approach did you find risky.

Please remember that all 3 speakers are not theorists, but have multi multi million dollar property portfolios.

Bill is much younger than us; but Ed and I have held and grown our own portfolios for many years (over 20 and 30 years respectively) and over a number of property cycles. What we discussed we are doing and doing successfully.

I thought I was risk averse and poor Ed is an accountant which makes him risk averse also

Risk is in the eye of the beholder - much of what Bills mentoring course is about - to not look with your eyes, but look with understanding.

Bills concept, one I agree with 1000%, is that either class of investment performs well, it is the 3 rd element of investing that differntiates the returns - ie finance. When I can get a margin loan at 90%, 95%, or heaven forbid - 80%, with no margin call, then I may look at shares more closley.

I am only a small fish in the sea, but I am viewed by people I interact with as taking risks - and they cling to their wage packet??

Risk is in the eye of the beholder, and if you can't see what others can, get glasses. This is where education, advisors, mentors and the psychology of investing (in self & assetts) raises oneself to heights never dreamed of.

eddievanhalen said:
Hi paisneil,
If I were you I would subscribe to Bill's newsletter at the Investors Direct website and then book in for one of his $55 seminars to "test the waters" before you sign up for a more expensive mentoring program.

Bill came highly recommended to me and I was disappointed with him to say the least. I feel he knows his finance well but personally felt he was out of his depth as a motivational/wealth psychology guru. IMHO he took 5-6 hrs to say what could easily have been covered in 15 minutes. And to those who might say I didn't give him a go ........I actually decided to try a 2nd seminar (which was supposedly on finance but ended up being Bill's "wealth psychology" routine) , found it painfully slow and walked out after 2 hrs having realised my first impression was right.

I acknowledge that Bill has obviously been of great help to rambada and others and this is no effort on my part to cheapen their experience. Just trying to give you some alternate opinion so as you don't fork out your hard-earned and end up regretting it. I am 32yo and retired from the ratrace so maybe I don't need what he has to offer but in any case...........go and see him speak live first (for a nominal fee) and then decide if he's your cup of tea as a mentor.

Cheers,

Ed

Ed you say your 32yrs old and have retired from the rat race.Thats a good effort.
Well Done.
Care to share your story?
Cheers yadreamin

yadreamin said:
Ed you say your 32yrs old and have retired from the rat race.Thats a good effort.
Well Done.
Care to share your story?
Cheers yadreamin

Likewise - spill the beans Ed....I think people would find motivation in your story.

George "don't be shy now" Grubar

Yeah come on Ed - make us all jealous ! :)

On the Bill Zheng thing, I went to my 3rd seminar of his in Brisbane last weekend. I enjoyed each of the others a lot.

I was nearly convinced I would shell out for his mentoring program this time (but hard to get the time to attend Melbourne at the moment) - the psychology of wealth creation stuff definitely has merit (to me anyway).

Admittedly I was dreadfully hung over from an unable-to-be-avoided bucks night, but he almost lost me - the demonstration of the concepts he teaches was his assistants chucking handfuls of 5 cent coins in the aisles then seeing how many the audience could pick up in 10 seconds or so. I managed to pick up a couple without throwing up, which I thought entitled me to some form of prize ! Anyway some people proudly displayed 20 or 40 when he asked how many they had grabbed, and that was meant to demonstrate that some people with none or a few were not 'hungry' enough for money and too worried about appearances to be true 'money magnets'.

I definitely would like to learn more about 'thinking' the right way to create wealth, but shuffling around on the floor like an idiot looks more like you're in training to be a homeless person to me.

Of late, Bill's ads are very 'American style' and rah-rah, and it seems a lot more about Bill's wealth creation than anyone else's - when he was more modest and quiet about his achievements I respected his ideas more. The deal he put on the screen for his mentoring program went on to show all the 'steak knives' extras that added up to the purchase price in value.

All in all the alcohol-subdued experience of last weekend kind of made me reconsider if his style is suited to what I hope to learn, but I must admit Rambada's comments were what I also would expect to gain from doing the full program, but then last weekend made me agree with eddievanhalen's comments about Bill's suitability to the mentoring role. I'd still like to give it a go, and I do believe I am 'ready' - I just hope there's not too much acting like a penniless junkie involved - I can do that at home !

Cheers

Last edited:
I went to part of his Sydney one last weekend. As I couldn't stay I emailed Investors Direct wanting more info on the mentoring and asking about a couple of other things also.

By Wednesday, still no reply so I rang..............someone would call me back.........I'm still waiting :(

So can't say I'm impressed so far:mad:

Ani

I went to the Michael Yardney/Bill zheng seminar in Sydney over a month ago now. As I am in Canberra, I also filled in the form asking them to contact me to discuss things. So far , not a word. Not too surprised though as they had plenty of people lining up to sign up for face to face meetings especially after the antics TryHard referred to.

Gazza

Ok guys - pretty flat chat at the moment but I'll return and give a quick summary if you think it's of some benefit. When I said "retired from the rat race" I didn't mean I'm sitting on my butt on an island in the Bahamas somewhere , just that I was able to retire from being an "employee" and make my living from investing. Nothing too remarkable. If worst came to worst I suppose I am in a position to sell all my shares/property and live reasonably comfortably off bank interest if I really had to but that's not the idea ofcourse. I'm just getting started I hope :cool:

I'll be back soon :p

Ed

Last edited:
Back