Blackbutt (NSW Illawarra)

Hi All,

Does anyone have any thoughts on Blackbutt? I've heard some predictions for a 10+ growth in this area.:eek:

It seems like a good area, close to nice beaches (great fishing:D), shopping’s. I just don't get how they come with a 10+ growth in the next 8 years when I just don't see anything planed for this area, anyway those are my thoughts.

But if someone local from that area might want to share some rumour on what's happening in the area, that would be great.

Cheers:)
George

My Backyard area

I live at Shell Cove just south east of Blackbutt

I know the area quite well having bought . built and traded around the local area since 1978.

Blackbutt is basically a area that is 20+yrs old. Quite nice area with some daggy pockets. Are these new places being built. If so I don't know where . There is not much vacant land there. Unless they are referring to Flinders. A newer area 3 klm to the south of Blackbutt.

Prices here have dropped in the last 2 yrs. I cannot really see any signifigant price rises for some time yet .

A few good buys around but you have holding costs for a number of yrs. This area usually kicks on about 12 to 18 mths after Sydney recovers. Then Shoalhaven about 6 - 12 mths after us.

What properties are they. Who with?

Regards
Gee Cee

Hi Triton,

We have just bought in Blackbutt. We liked it because it is an established leafy area (would have preferred Shellcove like GeeCee but didn't spend that much). Preferred Blackbutt over Flinders as Flinders has nothing much to it and has a bit of housing commission through it. The Stockland Shopping Centre is going to be expanded as well as further business being established. Albatross Drive (millionares row) is still selling and there are still some great high set blocks with views over the lake and ocean. Don't know anything about future CG in any of the Illawarra areas at the moment but when the car imports wharves starts up and provides more employment I am sure there will be plenty of people moving to the areas.

Lucy

Hi there.
Did you move into Blackbutt or just a investment.

We ar over in Shell Cove near new Anglican School

Gee Cee

Greg

Back