Blacktown - Streets to avoid

I have acquired the map of Blacktown showing where housing commission houses are located. I think the file is too big to attach, now I have some 'hard' evidence of streets to avoid, excellent.

Chris

Where did you get this from? I have a similar one for the Mount Druitt suburbs, however mine is quite old, so it is not very accurate. I sourced mine from a Real Estate agent who had one as I couldn't get one from Council.

I emailed the Blacktown City Council staff (email from the website) and they emailed me back this morning, the guy who emailed me said that they usually charge a fee for this kind of service but he said that he out it down as for 'educational purposes', so i got it for free :)

Cherry Pro: I have never understood how the long term past figures really mean anything? I'm a bit confused, so what they are saying is that blacktown should still grow higher than Doonside, I was always sceptical as I thought that the lower suburb would catch up and the data would be useless ???????

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris

If past growth is a good indicator of future performance, then Blacktown is
tipped for a higher growth than Doonside, but again, that would largely
depend on the kind of property you chose etc. You know how it all works.

However, in saying that, the Mt Druitt suburbs have done better than
either Blacktown or Doonside and Skater will confirm this as she has a few
properties in that area.

Dharruk 9.7%
Emerton 11.6%
Lethbridge Park 12.4%
Tregear 10.8%

Also, can you pls pm me the details of those streets as when I try to open
it, it's really small to read anything. Many thanks.

Many thanks,
Amelia

I checked out the map and I have two different scenarios: 1. Danger Zone – Avoid at all costs !!!! (insert skull and crossbones), 2. Scatter Zone – Street may have a few houses on it that are ‘bad’.

Danger Zones:
– Box, surrounded by Great Western Hwy/Reservoir Rd/Flushcombe Rd/Clare St.
– Box, surrounded by McCulloch Rd/McClean St/Becharry Rd(Arthur Ave)/Lyton St.
– Street, Stephen St
– Box, Surrounded by Warrigal St/Love St/Bailey Pl
– Street, Swinson Rd
– Street, Peter St
Scatter Zones:
- Balbeek Ave,
- Woodside Ave,
- Keld Pl,
- Walters Rd (between Kildare Rd and Newton Rd),
- Rutherford St,
- Orwell St,
- Ashgrove Cres,
- Erith St,
- St Martins Cres,
- 4TH/5TH Ave,
- Bruce St,
- Allen Rd

From the list Blacktown looks like a war zone, though most of the map is just fine. Seeing as there is still lots to choose from I still wouldn't touch any of the above mentioned Streets/Areas. The top danger zones were like solid red (like Bin Laden lives there).

This list should help me and others to safely invest in Blacktown.

Chris

Chris

Many of the housing commision properties are used by people with health problems and who are not necessarily the type who would cause trouble.

The map is certainly useful but as with everything in life,
things are not as simple as black and white
so may I suggest that you look at each property for what it is
and that you also see what the streets look like as well.

I would suggest a drive, I would not buy to near the station unless you want to get mugged or broken into. I frequently work at Blacktown hospital with Nursing Students, and shutter when the poor girls who don't drive need to go home after 10pm at night. I usually drive them home, at least I know I willl see them the next day. Know plenty of nurses who have been mugged at night leaving work.
The mall area near the station are full of male gangs hangng out on the cnr(s). I grew up in Blacktown and left in 1986/7 when we found a used syringe in our front yard. I feel safer in the Druitt, I also feel there is far to much immigration of non working migrants and refugees. No I am not racist, but there are to many blends they seem to be causing tension.
Look near the Richmond rd / Lancaster to lalor pk seven hill. But do drive by, especialy later in the evening.

Doonside NSW Safe or dangerous??

Hi Guys....

Can anybody please help me...I am thinking to invest in a property in Doonside, Is it safe area or dangerous? having lived central coast im unsure.

I heard lots of housing commission there is that true?

Any feedback will be kindly appreciated.

Hi Guys....

Can anybody please help me...I am thinking to invest in a property in Doonside, Is it safe area or dangerous? having lived central coast im unsure.

I heard lots of housing commission there is that true?

Any feedback will be kindly appreciated.

From what I recall, those housing commission streets were for people with health issues and unable to work so it's not necessarily a high crime area.

As others have said, driving around will give you an idea if you want to buy there.

Also, remember that all areas change over time so 10-15 years later Doonside could be a totaly different suburb.

Check out that link in my previous post

I checked out the map and I have two different scenarios: 1. Danger Zone – Avoid at all costs !!!! (insert skull and crossbones), 2. Scatter Zone – Street may have a few houses on it that are ‘bad’.

Hi all!

As an exercise (as I had a spare hour or so to kill), I mapped out all the streets that Sharpstone888 has listed above into Google Maps. Turns out to be quite simple and a lot easier than sharing photocopied photocopies of photocopies of jpgs of scanned images from council. :D

Check it out:

http://tinyurl.com/blktownbad

* Areas and streets marked in red are no-go zones.
* Streets marked in orange are "scatter" zones and may have some bad houses.

It's fairly rough; I should be able to allow others to "collaborate" on this Google Map and update the bad areas.

Enjoy!

-- MJ.

This is all assuming people don't want housing commission places. Some people make nice profits by buying housing commission places and renovating.

– Box, surrounded by Great Western Hwy/Reservoir Rd/Flushcombe Rd/Clare St.

This is interesting. According to the map it's all HC which it's not. Half of it is a block of townhouses and villas (not Housing Commission).

I'm wondering how old the map is.

Hey guys

Just wondering any one have a copy of the housing commission blacktown map from Sharpstone88.

I would love to have a copy :)

Many Thanks

Can anyone tell me where all the streets in Blacktown have housing commission.

Blacktown in general looks ok.
Are there any housing commision streets within Blacktown itself?
From what I know there is some housing commision in Doonside and what's the other suburb Lalor park?

Can anyone tell me the street in Blacktown that have housing commission.

Thanks.

Can I have the map of housing commission in blacktown

Hi sharp,

Can you please send me the map from council of housing commission in Blacktown please.

Would be great to see what streets to aviod.

Back