Blind inspiration

That post was super hard to read with no punctuation.

What is Hog's Bristle colour?

The blinds sound lovely, vertical blinds IMO are quire revolting, but everywhere. While venetians = like.

We've just had plantation shutters installed in most of our house (didn't do the spare bedroom or laundry). They look great and we're very happy with them.
Time for a plug - if you're in Perth and interested in getting shutters, get a quote from www.affordableshutters.com.au. Not only were they most competitive on price, but they were great to deal with as well. I'd recommend them to anyone. (Usual disclaimer: I'm not a friend or relative etc - just a happy customer.)

Are Australian canvas awnings an option? I say that as our canvas is a more durable product than the imports ie longevity & quality vs price.

(as per tula's comments - still hard to read the last comments).

We've just had plantation shutters installed in most of our house (didn't do the spare bedroom or laundry). They look great and we're very happy with them.
Time for a plug - if you're in Perth and interested in getting shutters, get a quote from www.affordableshutters.com.au. Not only were they most competitive on price, but they were great to deal with as well. I'd recommend them to anyone. (Usual disclaimer: I'm not a friend or relative etc - just a happy customer.)

I love plantations shutters. Out of curiosity, what ballpark price were they Jen?

The total came to around the $9K mark. This covered the following:
2x double width windows - around 3.5 wide - for main bedroom and living room windows
5x more normal sized full length windows
1x sliding door (effectively the size of 2x full length windows)
Price included installation.
The shutters are basswood, these were recommended to us rather than the other options, and they have hidden rods. They are also the widest width available (115mm).
We are really happy with them :D

Back