Block of Land in Mernda???

I'm not so sure that it is a good buy. It is a TINY block of land.

I think you could do better value in Mernda or even Doreen.

I would perhaps look at what the developers themselves have for sale.

I think it is Delfin in Doreen & Stockdale in Mernda.

I must admit that I haven't looked at prices recently but that does seem expensive for the size of the block. I am not even sure what you could build on a block so small.

AA

600 hundred bucks a metre

I'm not so sure that it is a good buy. It is a TINY block of land.

I agree. It's 600 bucks a metre :eek:

I think you could do better value in Mernda or even Doreen.

I would perhaps look at what the developers themselves have for sale.

No shortage of land for sale. I punched in Mernda with a Land search into rea.com.au and 353 hits returned. Clicked into a few to see what comps were for the block sizes and there are no land sizes mentioned. Obviously they (developers/sellers) want you to call so they can engage you before giving out details.

I think it is Delfin in Doreen & Stockdale in Mernda.

I must admit that I haven't looked at prices recently but that does seem expensive for the size of the block. I am not even sure what you could build on a block so small.

It is tiny. Probably a 3 BR house at most with a little courtyard.

AA

Personally I am unfamiliar with prices out that way, although I know where it is, I do not profess to be an expert.

Consider, however that for $ 600 p/sqm you can buy land in Broadmeadows with a liveable box on it. Pull it down and build new or reno and live in or rent out. This is merely one example, but consider that Broady is infill with excellent amenities and not on the northern urban fringe where there is no guarantee of (non) subsequent rezoning of farm/rural land to protect values.

Whilst not entirely in the same corridor, to the north of Melbourne, Delfin has land at Kalkallo the size of Shepparton and (I read in the media, so unsure of total accuracy) will sweeten the state govt to rezone as the developer will take train there from Cragieburn. :cool:

Some food for thought, ady1977.

overpriced
can pick up 650sqm, in an earlier stage in doreen for about 200K, its up the road from me for sale, 16m frontage.
10.5m frontage limits your build options, youll have a bout a 14sq house, single car garage only on that land
good first post

its a corner block on a main road estate
3 metre easement at back
sloped at about 1.5 meters
thats it :) but still better than that small mernda block
probably got rock in it too

Back