Blowfor Frankston ?

To quote Intrinsic Value "For value players this is the essential difference between picking up an asset cheap and catching a 'falling knife' (remember just because something is cheap doesnt mean it is value). Hope this helps those people looking at frankston".

I think that you and others on this forum are missing the point with Frankston as an investment. The key to investment in Frankston is it's future potential from the perspective of today and not say 10 years ago.

It is one of the cheapest suburbs in Australia

The new tollway has been completed allowing for faster access to other areas of Melbourne including CBD/Airport

There will be a new multi million dollar marina & railway upgrade

Government/local are spending on street beautification and confronting the issues of crime

$million properties already exist nearby

Yes there is risk here as there is risk in most forms of investment but please do not overlook what is occuring and is being planned to occur in this city; is this occuring elswhere?.

Zebop Perth

Frankston on the rise

WOW Donners, thats excellent post re rising median prices. Can Frankston catch up to the median Melbourne house price over the next 12 months??

Last edited:
I've been looking around Frankston too, and I reckon there's a few locals freaking out what they are hearing neighbours are selling their houses for! I reckon a few are testing the waters with local RE agents jacking up prices as a 'what the hell, lets give it a bash' :)

Are rental yields still looking good out that way now with the prices getting up there?

One thing great about Frankston is the surrounding ripple effect - Langwarrin, Carrum Downs are getting some good gains both yield wise and CG. The completion of the Peninsula Link should help overall accessibility.

Frankston Marina and shire

All the talk both positive and negitive re Frankston will pail into insignificance as soon as the first shovel hits the dirt for the new Marina which many are overlooking. A Bayside suburb with a brand new Marina currently $200,000 below the melbourne median house price??

Just off the press: Supported by the Victorian State Government, Frankston City has been nominated by energy partners United Energy and Jemena to be the trial location in the Victorian bid to the Federal Government for a grant of $100 million to implement the National Energy Efficiency Initiative - Smart Grid, Smart City. (frankston shire web site)

I just hate councils that take forever to make decissions.
COME ON FRANKSTON SHIRE...give us an update!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
All the talk both positive and negitive re Frankston will pail into insignificance as soon as the first shovel hits the dirt for the new Marina which many are overlooking. A Bayside suburb with a brand new Marina currently $200,000 below the melbourne median house price??

Its been delayed 12-18 months. The Marina, is a bit like the second coming......waiting

Marina delay

Thanks and I checked out the frankston Web site. They said that there are very interested contractors who want to build the Marine but are having difficulty with those darn banks providing the cash. Will still go ahead but delayed..I would have thought that if the Vic government were so interested in establishing hubs etc then they would guarantee and back funding support?

However the same is happening in Perth at Ocean Reef...big delays to build the Marina there. :confused:

I don't get Frankston! In any other major Australian city you would think that a beachside suburb with reliable transport links to the CBD and plenty of land to develop or infill would be absolute gold! But it seems to have been a great "potential buy" for ever. Friends have an IP in Seaford, and it's the same story.

Some people (perhaps unfairly?) refer to "Franger" as "Broady by the Bay" and perhaps that's what holds it back?

The problem with Frangers (and we own an IP there) is that there are an enormous amount of cheaper properties still around, so these will be bought by people who are not always well-heeled.

It is also fair to say that a large number of these less well-heeled are your gutter-crawlers and the like. Harsh, but true.

This means that the more decent of the less well-healed will try and find somewhere else more desirable to live with less losers (sorry; less of the not always well-heeled) around to drag down their life.

You end up with only the less desirables (to us) happy to be there.

Having said that, it has always been the case that the less desirable and cheaper areas of the world often get "gentrified" and upgraded to a level where sensible, half-intelligent folk with a future will live.

I have no doubt Frangers will be one of these, but there will always be pockets of the f-knuckles.

Back