BNE/Springfield Building/Pest Inspection - do I need it?

I've just exchanged contracts to purchase a brand new house in Springfield, which was completed approx. Sep 2010 and sat on the market as brand new/spec home type thing ready for a new buyer.

Given it's brand new/complete, do I need a building/pest inspection?

I noticed one QLD company doing 'handover reports'? http://www.qbpr.com.au/handover-inspections-reports.html - but they are approx. $350. Is this more what I should be gearing towards?

The property had a termite protection system installed when constructed.

I guess for peace of mind we probably should fork out and get the build/pest, but just wanted to know if others would do this given the house is a brand spanker?

Can anyone recommend a good building/pest co/person in the ipswich/bris/springfield region if I should be getting this done?

i would.
It will show you areas where the building may not be up to scratch, and you can get them to fix it.
Also, that area had a big fire ant problem a few years ago.
Pen

On the downside,I have seen houses not six months old with termites,
However it is rare,better to spend your money on a handover report,
budget builders will always try and get a house past with small issues and sometimes bigger issues.

If you are buying as per plan,perhaps there will be things not up to scratch or missing,

Example,concrete to rear patio and porch on plan but not completed.

Missing certificates,I have seen a builder missing a frame certificate and the house can now never be legally occupied with out a lot of money spent.

thanks for the responses, ended up using twinspectors (who were great might I add), did not uncover any problems, only a few very minor things like expansion joints in the brick would be better siliconed instead of foam, hairline crack in the garage slab (1mm x 2m) etc.

Money well spent :)

Back