Bogans - What are they, and what do they look like?

I've heard so many people talk about Bogans, and I'm not really sure what they are or what they look like.

So I'm taking my first trip to Logan on Saturday, and I'm quite excited, cos I get to (apparently) see lots of Bogans! How will I know if I see one? Should I be looking out for flannel shirts or something. Honestly! I do not know what they are!

Cheers
Queen Bee

Bogans can usually be clearly identified by the presence of a mullet...that is the "business at the front, party at the back" hair-do:)

Boods

Collingwood supporters or tight black jean wearers. They're typically long term tenants because they'd never stop drinking VB to save for a house deposit.

Imagine you are an employer of a retail or services based company heavily dependent on good customer service.

When you go to Logan Hyperdome, have a careful look at the people and see if, on average, you'd employ more or less of them in responsible customer service roles, than say people at Westfield Carindale or Indooroopilly.

Pertinent objective variables are number of smokers; personal hygiene; unkempt grooming and hair, artificial hair dye (bright red, blue, green, white), large visible tattoos (esp on face forearms ankles), body piercings esp on head and face; black clothing especially with images of skulls, devils, dragons, and reptiles; obesity, esp with scant clothing and lycra; tracksuits, an aggressive harsh countenance, poor posture, loud voices, swearing at poorly behaved kids, shopping trolleys full of coke and frozen meals; lots of deep fryed food being consumed in the food court; congregations of adults and kids who decide to have a yack in a high pedestrian thoroughfare or walk three or more abreast, thereby forcing elderly with wheelie walkers or walking sticks to detour around them.

I'd define a bogan moreso based on their behaviour and attitude rather than dress although many do look like WW described :D.

The worst type of bogan is the deceptive well dressed one that is definately still bogan and who turns up to view your home for rent.

Collingwood supporters or tight black jean wearers. They're typically long term tenants because they'd never stop drinking VB to save for a house deposit.

Like our Port Power supporters ;). As long as they don't drink too much VB and smoke. There goes the rent too.

Come on ease up here, I have a mullett some times.

:)

That's part of your business model isn't it? To buy from, and rent and sell to yogans? :)

Sub prime financing has got to be on the cards soon, hey? :p

You could be the first to open a Bogan Bank. A team of mullet MBs driving hotted up Falcons and Commos.....true role models for the boges.

Not as silly as it sounds.... the Big 4 wipe their hands of em.

Imagine you are an employer of a retail or services based company heavily dependent on good customer service.

When you go to Logan Hyperdome, have a careful look at the people and see if, on average, you'd employ more or less of them in responsible customer service roles, than say people at Westfield Carindale or Indooroopilly.

Pertinent objective variables are number of smokers; personal hygiene; unkempt grooming and hair, artificial hair dye (bright red, blue, green, white), large visible tattoos (esp on face forearms ankles), body piercings esp on head and face; black clothing especially with images of skulls, devils, dragons, and reptiles; obesity, esp with scant clothing and lycra; tracksuits, an aggressive harsh countenance, poor posture, loud voices, swearing at poorly behaved kids, shopping trolleys full of coke and frozen meals; lots of deep fryed food being consumed in the food court; congregations of adults and kids who decide to have a yack in a high pedestrian thoroughfare or walk three or more abreast, thereby forcing elderly with wheelie walkers or walking sticks to detour around them.

so anyone not whitebread is a bogan?

ALL of these items combined is a bogan, not one.

i know plenty of people with one or more of the above items and could in no way be construed as a bogan.

showing your age WW.

Another characteristic, is they'll often be wearing the "good" moccasins when they're down the street, instead of their house mockies.

Another characteristic, is they'll often be wearing the "good" moccasins when they're down the street, instead of their house mockies.

That's it. Hubbys barred from wearing his good mockies out now.

Oh no. Son #1 wears house slippers out and about (school had to bar him from wearing them there).

:eek:

Oh no. Son #1 wears house slippers out and about (school had to bar him from wearing them there).

:eek:

My 14.5 year old son wears boyleg undies with a robe around the house, all the time on the weekend, until one of us insists he get dressed. I tell him "that's how Hugh Heffner started out". He has a quick panic if someone knocks on the door.

Does this make him a bogan? :D

Well the market is out there waiting for you and your mates to evolve the customer service model as you see fit Aaron.

i'm not telling you how to suck eggs, WW - just your model is a very broad brush stroke paiting anyone with a tatt or stud as a bogan.

i know a great number of people who are white collar workers with nearly half of what you described as being "bogan".

next you'll be adding facial hair and hair highlights to the list :p

Back