Book on Residential Real Estate Investing?

Most comprehensive book on Residential Real Estate Investing?

If you were approached by a friend or family member who wanted to learn about Real Estate Investing and you could only recommend one book on Real estate investing what would it be?

Most comprehensive I've read is probably "Understanding Investment Property" by Nick Renton, but that includes commercial, LPTs, etc.

As a recomendation to a friend I'd say "Building Wealth" By Somers as it's a more friendly read than Renton's.

How to achieve wealth for life.
By Ed Chan and Tony Melvin.

I've read most books a few times over and have 20 in my current library if that means anything.

I would tell that person 'you have to read more than one book'.

Hi, Yes agree, but the reason I ask is I want to give a book as a gift to my clients who are looking to invest for the first time.

So I am getting feedback from others to see what they find helpful before making up my mind as to what book to give.

Thanks for your input.

Another vote for Jan Somers

Yep,

I too would go with the "Building Wealth" book.

It was the best leg up and explanation I could have received when starting out.

Cheers

Rooster

Hi, Yes agree, but the reason I ask is I want to give a book as a gift to my clients who are looking to invest for the first time.

So I am getting feedback from others to see what they find helpful before making up my mind as to what book to give.

Thanks for your input.
I give a copy of 'Building Wealth Story by Story', doesn't fit into the comprehensive single book definition but if some inspiration can be gained it should lead to further learning!

For first time investors I'd be opting for Jan Somer's as well - Building Wealth through Residential Property. It's quite old now but the principles are still relevant today and it's quite an easy read.

Cheers

Jamie

I'd suggest Story by Story. It is easy to read, and shows that many different people can be successful in many different ways.

Story by Story, yea great idea, gives people an insight to all sorts of ideas, really my aim is to get people thinking so they can investigate and maybe make a plan.

At the end of the day its up to the person, I am just trying to help by planting a seed so to speak.

Thanks,

Most comprehensive book on Residential Real Estate Investing?

If you were approached by a friend or family member who wanted to learn about Real Estate Investing and you could only recommend one book on Real estate investing what would it be?

My early books were all Jan Sommers which I enjoyed immensley, but if I could just name one that had most impact to me that would be:

"How to Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Property Portfolio in your Spare Time" - A book by Michael Yardney. It was very useful to me especially when it compared cash flow startegy to capital growth stretegy and many other eye openers.

I just seen it in a book shop (~15yrs ago), flipped a few pages, it seemed interesting and bought it.
I also knew a few barbers (long retired) who owned multiple IPs and were in real life similar to his fictional characters.
And after reading the book I realised I knew more people like that than I thought.

How come I don't have a copy Nathan?

As we know sometimes there are delays in this world and launching a book via a distributor, after self publishing along with my very busy schedule these days has had its delays.

Rest assured, it has been through my lawyers now and is going through final proofing and will be ready to print after the cover graphics have been finalised.

The property portfolio is now over double what the title suggests as it has been a long process but still sticking with the original name.

I will make some noise is made once the book is ready and have my hot little hands on them :)

Back