Book Recommendations?

Hi,

I've read Richest Man in Babylon, and Rich Dad Poor Dad - both I agree to be the stables of anyone interested in Investing or a parent keen to teach the youngsters a little something.

Anyone recommend any others? Not specifically in regard to beginner books but just something for a guy who likes to just read generally about business/investments. I would love something that did touch the business enthusiasts a bit more.

Also I did find both books used very simple English so a bit more of a challenge would be nice.

Cheers
Matt

Read the rest of Rob Kiyosaki's series as well. Eye-openers.

here's a few more (mostly property):

All of:
Noel Whittaker
Margaret Lomas
Jan Somers
Perter Spann
Steve Mcnight
Neil Jenman
John Fitzgerald
John Burley
Dolf de Roos
Donald Trump
Warren Buffet
George Soros
Mike Yardney
Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich)
Stanley and Danko (The Millionaire Next Door)
Richard Branson

Off my bookshelf:

3D Negotiation (David Lax and James Sebenius)
Virtual Murdoch (Neil Chenoweth)
Rise and Rise of Kerry Packer
Trump The Art of the Deal (Trump and Tony Schwartz)
How to get rich (trump)
Trump Strategies for Real Estate (George Ross)
Murdoch (William Shawcross)
McDonalds Behind the Arches (John Love)
Losing my Virginity (Richard Branson)
Frank Lowy Pushing the limits (Jill Margo)
7 habits of highly effective people (Stephen Covey)
How to Win Friends and Influence People (Dale Carnegie)
Thick Face Black Heart (Chin Ning Chu)
The Kyosaki books
The Jan Somers' Books

I'm listening (audio book) to Think and Grow Rich which has been great so far.

Just finished e-myth revisited (good business book) and Getting Entrepreneurial. E-myth was fantastic.

The Millionaire Next Door is good for stats (not necessarily a great read, but very interesting)..

Trading for a Living - Dr. Alexander Elder
Rich Dad Poor Dad

My Yr5 teacher had this great ongoing class game where we got a "salary" of $200 a week (play money duh!) and we used to rent our desks and chairs for $25 a piece per week. We could purchase them for $1000, and if we owned them, put them up for sale for profit. we had taxes to pay and everything.

it was like the whole class was one big monopoly board. that was my first (successful) taste into property. Thanks very much for that Miss Meagher!!! I ended up owning my whole group (we had 5 groups of 5 desks in the class).

not really a book, but i plan on playing it with my kids.

Personally I dislike business books. I find them boring.You know business all that stuff. Thats why they call it the reserve bank bored. :)

I read everything else though.

Anyone recommend any others? Not specifically in regard to beginner books but just something for a guy who likes to just read generally about business/investments.
Bangers,these are a few i always seem to read again and again over the years..willair..

There's Gotta Be A Catch...Micheal Ryan...
How To Get Rich on Others People Money...Tyler G Hicks...
Understanding Investment Property...N E Renton...
Living Well In Retirement...Noel Whittaker..
The Day The Bubble Brusts...Olly Newland...
Margin Lending Explained...Paul -Jarrod Martin..
How to start with no savings and get rich Safely...Stuart Moore..
Financial Management and Inflation...Harold Bierman,Jr..
The E Myth...Michael E.Gerber...
The Law of Torts...John G.Fleming...
Buddhism pure and simple...Master Hsing Yun..

This guy gets bad reviews like all the 'gurus', however the book is good.

Ignore the repetition and the hype and there is actually some very sound advice in there (e.g. invest 10%, use 10% for debt reduction, 10% charitable giving) as a start....

John Burley - Australia's Money Secrets of the Rich

I'm not a big Kiyosaki fan, moreso because of his style of writing than the content.

I'll checkout some of his other books!

Cheers

I've read some of the ones already mentioned, and from a business point of view would also recommend The E-Myth Revisited, How To Win Friends & Influence People, and Thick Face Black Heart.

Another I rather enjoyed was Lee Iococca's Talking Straight, which talks about a whole range of things, not just business. Otherwise I mainly have a few other books on Australian property investment and a number on share trading.

And when all that gets too much, there's always The Tao Of Pooh for something more simple and earthy. :D

GP

This guy gets bad reviews like all the 'gurus', however the book is good.

Ignore the repetition and the hype and there is actually some very sound advice in there (e.g. invest 10%, use 10% for debt reduction, 10% charitable giving) as a start....

John Burley - Australia's Money Secrets of the Rich

great book.

I've mentioned it before on the forum, and in my opinion, every year 8 kid should have to study it in school as part of their curriculum.

I read it once a year, and still learn stuff.

Would anyone have a copy of Australian Residentia Property Development that they want to sell, please PM me.

Peter

Back