Bookeeper dilemma

They have most recent MYOB payslip with all relevant details, incl Super

How quickly are they getting tax in

I'm usually waiting on banks etc

The ATO will not care when they get their return in.

In business you cannot tell the ATO my bookkeeper is on vacation, please wait. They will say and for every day you don't comply here is a fine. If she dies or seriously ill then you can ask for month or so.

We once has BAS where we paid the tax but the ATO system lost the paperwork, even though sent by our accountant. Turns out that BAS event they lost a few as ours was not the only one form our Accountant to get a letter.

Did the ATO go "sorry mate, DOH"? No they wrote to us threatening fine (i think $1000) et all if we did not provide details again ASAP (like yesterday).

I would fix now.

Peter

An update

Based on the advice of this thread, I found a bookeeper off the internet in my area.

He came and did a very good job with MYOB reconciliations, BAS generation, group certificates, tax table updates, etc

So thank you for all your kind advice.

On another matter, this bookeeper recommended I consider using Xero cloud based accounting instead of myob for its supposed simplicity and time saving features.

Has anyone had experience of Xero ? Is it better than MYOB?

On another matter, this bookeeper recommended I consider using Xero cloud based accounting instead of myob for its supposed simplicity and time saving features.

Yes. We dumped MYOB for moneyworks on mac. Zero was also highly recommended. Zero is cloud based and both WINDOWS and MAC.

MYOB is outdated and expensive. We love moneyworks.

Peter.

Based on the advice of this thread, I found a bookeeper off the internet in my area.

He came and did a very good job with MYOB reconciliations, BAS generation, group certificates, tax table updates, etc

So thank you for all your kind advice.

Hi China
Purely out of curiosity, what did he charge ph??

Hi China
Purely out of curiosity, what did he charge ph??

He charged 60 dollars per hour plus GST. He sorted out all my end of financial year issues on myob in 2 hours, costing me $132. This is cheaper than my usual bookeeper.

He charged 60 dollars per hour plus GST. He sorted out all my end of financial year issues on myob in 2 hours, costing me $132. This is cheaper than my usual bookeeper.
Wow. That's a great outcome. Well done.

Perhaps time to replace the old bookkeeper?

Back