Bradken

Anyone holding Bradken shares today? Down 38.5% as I write... :eek:

I've been watching them for a while, but don't have any fortunately.

GP

Anyone holding Bradken shares today? Down 38.5% as I write... :eek:

I've been watching them for a while, but don't have any fortunately.

GP

is the reason you've been watching them for awhile because you've considered buying them in the past? Perhaps now is a good buying opportunity depending on the reason for the fall? Just curious

is the reason you've been watching them for awhile because you've considered buying them in the past?
I have held them in the past, mostly when they were below the price they're back at now, but also considered buying some back in September when they were in the $10-$11 range.

They've been a bit too high for my liking recently, and now could well be a reasonable time to buy, but I'll watch and see what they do over the next week or so before deciding that.

GP

i was actually going to CFD BKN if it broke thru $15 and re-settled at $15.

glad i didn;t - i would have lost over 400% from my $14.80 buy in.

interesting to note that Blue Sky report also recommended the buy if it broke $14.40.

a double top on the charts and a drop in future company outlook signals SELLOFF!

Rough figures from memory, but even at $9 they have a PE of 16 , down from 23 so GPs thought that they were pricy was right.

I like the mining services sector but they are all doing it tough at the moment. NMS slid from a high of $1.35 to a low of $1 and BLY $2.70 to $2.22 so I think there is a cost blow-out and Bradken may not be cheap yet.

This little black duck ain't grabbin' no fallin' knives but.:D

funny you should mention BLY.

apparently it's what aussie fund managers use to "balance the books".

i rode it from $2.00 to $2.18 on a CFD. it's been in blue sky territory for ages now, good to see it correct to around the area i sold out for - or "true" value i reckon.

tues/wed next week is looking a good buy day ...

Bump

Hey GP, still interested in this?

I was searching the topic looking for a post I made recommending it as a possible turn-around stock but I think it was in the BHP thread and I'm not searching that.

This has been one the best performers this year and I never bought any. :( Someone said thanks at the time so I hope she (I think it was a lady) has stuck with it.

I don't have any but have been watching it. Even today I considered buying some. It first came on to my radar again when it was back around $7-$8 in April, but I never bought any then either.

So many recently I've been watching that have jumped up without me buying any, while the ones I have bought have all floundered :p (not that I've been buying many or much of anything recently, the market has been too volatile for my liking - plus at work it's hard to find the time). Still, it seems that the only ones that have had a decent run up after I've bought them have been my shorts! :D

Lately though I've been spending more time working on and testing systems. In that respect the last 6-12 months has been good, in that my data only goes back to 1997 so this gives me a good bear run to test strategies over. Now all I need to do is find one that works!

GP

Back