Breakfast Launch of Hegney WA Property Outlook 2006

Anyone going to the Breakfast launch of the Hegney WA Property Outlook 2006 Report this Thursday?
Will be going myself.

Keen

Hi Keen - a few of us from Mega will head down. I take it you will be there? I think a number of the Perth investors plan to be there.

From Hegneys site.. Could see anything about the breakfast though :confused:

The ‘2006 Property Outlook Report’ is arguably WA’s most valuable property resource for those with an interest in the property market wishing to forecast property trends for the year ahead.

The Report looks closely at the fundamental factors that drive the property market and calls on relevant expertise from key industry personnel for their view. The likes of Dale Alcock from Dale Alcock Homes, Gavin Hegney Chairman of Hegney Property Group, Martin Barrett State Manager of St George Bank and other industry experts will provide an insightful look at what lies ahead.

Specifically, areas covered include:

The Economy
Market Sentiment
The Supply Factor
The Building Factor
Outlook for the Perth metro area
Outlook for regional areas
Suburb performance predictions
Commercial Property Outlook
Demographics

hi all
if therte is any paperwork grab a extra copy and send it over to me at 11 wallace street marrickville nsw and any sydney somersoft peopla can get a copy and will bring it to the next meeting here.
or take lots of paper and work on your short hand.

unfortunately they were pretty tight with their copies (at $80 odd each I suppose it's a licence to print money). the gist was:

- expect a further 20% residential price growth this year... just too much happening for the boat to turn around (hegney anticipates 20 but wants to go on the record as 10 to 20%)
- all sectors of rent anticipated to continue rapid growth. Severe shortage of CBD office space (no doubt we have all heard that).
- lifestyle factors paramount - beach locations such as mandurah, dunsborough, yanchep to continue booming. Particularly north mandurah.
- no joy for home building prices
- one day the wave will head for shore but it is some way off in the future
- affordability levels declining
- invest now with demographic changes in mind in order to safe guard your longer term capital values

summary - all rosy.

Thanks Ausprop. I was concerned that the WA market was going to overshoot itself in 2006 but I suppose thats unlikely. Oh well, better speak to Mr Bank Manager about that loan then.. or two!

Back