Brimbank Gardens -Victoria

Hi has anyone bought in this area? I drove there lat wekend looks very good.

I believe this area is Sunshine? Am I right?

In terms of price, how is it?

Brimbank Gardens is in Deer park
Its over the road from the new Sunshine Golf Club
The Deer Park By pass is being constructed and its right next to the estate
I have no idea of the growth potential for this area

Bill

Not a bad place for IP.
Location wise is very strategic as mentioned, there's going to be bypass very soon. Facilities wise not bad as well, golf course, child care, plenty of jobs in the surrounding industrial area, so renting it gonna be easy. Except shopping complex which is about 8 minutes drive, that hopefully change soon.

Beginning of last year the developer sold a block of land for around 110k and at the end of the year they're selling around 140k, though you can get the land cheaper direct from the market.

I think nearby is "St Andrew's Field". So is brimbank gardens really Deer Park or Derrimut or Sunshine or.....

oh yes, checking the Deer Park median price is only about 260k? The houses are however 320k (NEWly built)

Brimbank Gardens is a bit isolated, despite all the marketing claims that it is close to shops, etc. A better buy if I were purchasing in the general area would be the suburbs surrounding central Sunshine such as Albion, Ardeer, West Sunshine - some huge blocks of land, period housing, all on their way up up up. New $500K community park due to be built in Ardeer in August, which will push prices right up in that pocket! Sunshine shopping precinct is undergoing development shortly as well - that's where my money would be!

I think nearby is "St Andrew's Field". So is brimbank gardens really Deer Park or Derrimut or Sunshine or.....

oh yes, checking the Deer Park median price is only about 260k? The houses are however 320k (NEWly built)

Brimbank Gardens is in Derrimut, while just over Foleys Rd is St Andrew's field and Central Park which are in Deer Park. Personally I have bought a living house in Brimbank Gardens, but not a IP, due to the fact that it is still a bit too far from PT (the nearest Connex is 5-6kms away in Sunshine or Keilor Plains/Nearest Vline is in Deer Park 2-3kms up the road with buses only at the Vline train station going to Sunshine).

The new coles will be going in at Foleys Rd already started leveling the land, and they do have areas for medium density shopping planned opposite the land reserved for the two new schools - not sure when the new schools will actually start though. So not prime IP territory at the moment as there is so much land, and no schools nearby and no real access to PT for the non-walker.

Just an update on this area based on what I commented last time on it:

The estate as a whole has about 20% more land to sell. They have completed Windsor Blvd, the main road going through the estate, and so have the No. 400 bus going through it. It connects Sunshine RWS (10-15mins away from the middle of Windsor Blvd) and Laverton RWS (20-25 mins). So now public transport to most of the estate is 5 mins walk away instead of 1/2 hour.

The Deer Park bypass (which leads round the back of the estate) is scheduled for completion mid 2009 approximately 6 months ahead of schedule.

The primary schools are scheduled for start about 2009-2010, based on their estimates of when there will be enough children, drawing from St Andrews Field, Brimbank Gardens and Central Park. The potential commercial sites at the centre of the estate have been taken up by a residential developer, so the sites will be developed residential. Maximum of 5 or so speciality shops so no real commercial prospects there. The medium density sites recently tendered will be townhouses.

The industrial sites small and large warehouse/factories across the road are nearing 5-10% completion (as compared to avail land) but no indications as to any takers and hence jobs available.

In short, still PPOR territory rather than IP considering the current climate is making available sub 300k in established areas like St Albans, Sunshine and the like.

Back