Brisbane - Anectdotal Evidence of Market Changes

Anyone interested in sharing some hot spots in Brissy, is it the inner city stuff moving, or are we talking out to 10 km ring?????

Anyone care to share, not been watching this market of late, perhaps I should

Anyone interested in sharing some hot spots in Brissy, is it the inner city stuff moving, or are we talking out to 10 km ring?????

Annerley, Greenslopes, Coorparoo... properties are going under contract quick especially up to the 650k price bracket I have noticed. Also some pockets around Mount Gravatt East seem popular.

Hi Starter
This is the time to jump in then?? Don't want it hot like Syd otherwise its just so difficult to source property.

Definition of boom - when re agents wont talk to you unless you are a seller.;)

MTR:)

Let's hope it gets to that stage in Brisbane after we're all in. I bought a unit in Sydney this time last year and found that to be the perfect time to jump in, prices hadn't risen substantially yet but listings were very tight and you could tell it was ready to pop any time soon. I don't think Brisbane is quite there yet.

Mr Gravatt East has been super hot for ages, think time has passed there, Brisbane BA said the same. Agree with other suburbs above, but what budget?

Areas I now wouldn't touch after a lot of looking and watching - Stafford, Stafford Heights, Chermside, Mt Grav East, Camp Hill - all super popular with stock still turning over in days.

Your budget?

I always like anything along a train line, north or south

My budget is around $350K, I am looking for well located inner city units, trendy areas in Brissy. If I could pick up a couple (2) cheap enough I think its worth a punt if the market is moving and holding fees should be low.

If you look hard enough 6% gross yield is possible on inner city units, not too bad at all. As for suburbs, besides the ones already mentioned I think Alderley would also suit what you're after, friends in Brisbane recommended it as a nice area to me. I also like Windsor for its proximity as well but some pockets are better than others.

Will settle on 2 2 Brm units - one in Annerley bought for 263k and one in Moorooka for 265k!

Only a 6.1% return though! I feel the inner South is very undervalued!

The other area is anything near the new Redcliffe rail line....

Annerley, Greenslopes, Coorparoo... properties are going under contract quick especially up to the 650k price bracket I have noticed. Also some pockets around Mount Gravatt East seem popular.

If you look hard enough 6% gross yield is possible on inner city units, not too bad at all. As for suburbs, besides the ones already mentioned I think Alderley would also suit what you're after, friends in Brisbane recommended it as a nice area to me. I also like Windsor for its proximity as well but some pockets are better than others.

Will settle on 2 2 Brm units - one in Annerley bought for 263k and one in Moorooka for 265k!

Only a 6.1% return though! I feel the inner South is very undervalued!

The other area is anything near the new Redcliffe rail line....

Sash
that is so cheap.

What Redcliffe finally got the rail, I can not believe this, its been in the pipeline for years. Good for the area and investors:)

Thanks

Will settle on 2 2 Brm units - one in Annerley bought for 263k.
Waterton st? Did you buy site unseen?

I had a look at some sub $550k homes in Annerley, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly last wknd. What a waste of time that was.. Note to self, buy in a buyers market!

Having said that, 2 years ago in the buyers market there was only a fraction of stock on the market and the sellers expectations were often out of touch..

Brisbane is definitely heating up. The inner east and south is very hot for houses under $650k. Suburbs like Woolloongabba, East Brisbane, Hawthorne, Coorparoo, Greenslopes, Holland Park are all hot and properties going under offer as soon as they are listed.

Yep....but was Johnny on the spot! The agent tells me that it would sell for over $280k ...the market is hotter especially stuff under $500k!

By partner bought a 3 Brm Townhouse in Kippa Ring....rail station will be in by 2016 and will be within 700meters of the 6 year old T/H. The owner paid $330k in 2008 I believe. We picked it up for $260k and it rents for $320pw.

Waterton st? Did you buy site unseen?

I had a look at some sub $550k homes in Annerley, Yeronga, Yeerongpilly last wknd. What a waste of time that was.. Note to self, buy in a buyers market!

Having said that, 2 years ago in the buyers market there was only a fraction of stock on the market and the sellers expectations were often out of touch..

Yep...cheep cheep.... :p

The rail line is already being built....have on in Margate and one in Depression (er Deception) Bay also..... ;)

Sash
that is so cheap.

What Redcliffe finally got the rail, I can not believe this, its been in the pipeline for years. Good for the area and investors:)

Thanks

That means the land has a 99 year lease. Have not seen this in Brisbane....thought in Canberra it is very common. Thus the price.....the other thing is what exactly has been approved....does my head in...I have a very small brain! ;)

what is leasehold?

also it would get awesome rent - high yield wouldn't it?

Back