BRISBANE: Best Bayside suburb for PPOR?

That looks like bollocks to me sorry.

If that is absolute numbers, then there were more crimes in Graceville, Chelmer etc.

What Tremolo said. The crack is sweet in Ascot.

It is. See 2012 and 2013 stats, there were more crimes in Graceville, Chelmer than Wynnum Manly, that's correct.

2014 is not full year statistics - unfortunately so far, there were more in Wynnum Manly - and I sorted the data by 2014 statistics.

http://www.mygc.com.au/gold-coast-crime-statistics/

That's not Absolute Numbers - they are rates - I believe it's normalised with whole Brisbane as benchmark.

Sorry wasn't sure, I thought some sort of per capita rating may show a different result, but there are a few of what I'd consider top suburbs/precincts there with similar or worse rates.

Of course, there are good and bad areas in every suburb but looking at those figures alone, I'd not hesitate to consider Wynnum/Manly.

You are more likely to be sexually assaulted in Chelmer/Graceville than Wynnum Manly. ;)

Any details of where the data is from? I'm not aware of a murder in Wynnum or Manly this year...nor can I find any details of one.

You are more likely to be sexually assaulted in Chelmer/Graceville than Wynnum Manly. ;)

Any details of where the data is from? I'm not aware of a murder in Wynnum or Manly this year...nor can I find any details of one.

The materials available on or through this website are distributed by the Queensland Government as an information source only.

To the maximum extent permitted by law, the State of Queensland makes no statement, representation, or warranty about the quality, accuracy, context, completeness, availability or suitability for any purpose of, and you should not rely on, any materials available on or through this website.

Despite our best efforts, the State of Queensland makes no warranties that the materials available on or through this website are free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination, to the maximum extent permitted by law.

I suspect the data you are looking at is for the "Wynnum QPS Division"

Which is a big area, covering multiple suburbs.

There have been no murders in Wynnum or Manly this year, but there was one in Tingalpa. Which was handled by the Wynnum QPS Division.

If we look at assaults in Wynnum & Manly (the suburbs - not the QPS Division), the numbers for 2014 are:

Assault: 53
Drug Offence: 257

Wynnum best bits are the terraces bordering Manly, wynnum north of Glenora st east of Tingal road (undiscovered gem that part and bigger blocks plus views) and the 3 avenues east of golf course in that order,

Wellington Point is my pick if you can handle the distance, anything north of a Birkdale road s nice and the shopping strip seems fresh and vibrant.

Only around the school - 95% of it comes in off Wynnum Rd & leaves via Wynnum Rd as they use the little turnaround dropoff zone thing. Very little actually travels down the street (I have a property there and was worried about the same thing - went down & sat outside my block a few days a week at peak school time & it's quieter than my current street :)).

Birkdale??

Looking at something along the lines of this....
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-birkdale-111986191

Decent rental returns but no idea bout CG in the area or if its a good area?

Birkdale is a good area, incomes are good, good schools close, shops, bay/canals, train
However it's really two seperate suburbs, in price and look. North of birkdale rd is an older area (west of canals) with big blocks and nice period homes.
South is mainly 80s looking builds (any locals confirm or deny this?) and this part of birkdale stretches down south a long way - not as desirable
Canals is million dollar homes, east of that is small homes on small blocks until you hit Wellington point

I'm surprised how little birkdale gets mentioned on somersoft. It's a heap closer to Brisbane (by km and commuting time) than the Redcliffe Peninsula

It's also only gone up marginally I would think in the past year

Kind of leads me to think that most of the heat in the Brisbane market is investor driven

Back