Brisbane builders

Any recommendations on builders in Brisbane? Also average cost per sqm for build in Brisbane?

Hi D one, am looking for the same thing so hopefully someone will give an answer! I have had 3 quotes, (2 quote without plans just explained the build and an est. of cost)
Was told $1800 (this builder uses allowances and that is where costs can blow out a lot)
Architect says from what he has been seeing recently, to cover all costs incl landscaping etc $2300 for good finish. (Not high spec)

Gave plans to a builder: got this really fab spreadsheet report back, very impressive, broke everything down, interests on loans etc but no sq m, so went through figures broke them down and it was $3300 these guys also do the project mgt. (So the builder manages themselves???) not sure if this is normal but it doesn't feel right! (Though am guessing an independent lawyer could knuckle down the contract.)
Anyway, his BA costs were $125k (no idea how much these are normally) and architect fees were $35k (my architect reckons this will be up to $100k to him

So am looking for another also! $3300 seems to me like it has a lot of fat in there for the builder!

What are you looking at building, at this stage am thinking of just walking onto a building site where I like the look of the work, can enquire for you if you like.

Ditec do some good quality stuff, 300sqm homes for small lots at $1500/m2
Richard 0414 815 491. Builds his own and sells them also.

Those are some very expensive quotes Mitch.

Darryl estimate is a lot more within my budget and for what I was expecting.

Yep, they sure are! Hence the need to get out in the field and source more realistic ones. Am doing a small block of units, so concrete basement, suspended slab floor etc expect cost to be higher but not as high as I am currently getting.

Darryl has far better resources!

Last edited:
I'm looking at project builders at the moment. Preliminary quotes so far have been 290k for 27sq turnkey and a 29sq at 305k. Neither of these factor in a soil/contour test so I expect to go higher. One builder has estimated an extra 20k as he thinks the soil is H1-H2.

It's almost impossible to compare apples and with apples and know what isn't included. One builder excludes council fees and applications and acoustic inspections while the other seems to include these things.

I saw a large number at North Lakes and North Brisbane a few weeks back - I've spoken to Dixon, McDonald Jones, Plantation, Hallmark, Coral, Stylemaster, Adenbrook, GJ Gardner, PlanBuild. Narrowed it down to Dixon, Stylemaster, GJ Gardner and Planbuild at this stage based on floorplan, receptiveness of sales staff and pricing.

Back