Brisbane Corridors cranking?

Friends!

Is it just me or is the corridor from brisbane to the GC cranking?

Been buying some properties in a few suburbs I think are good. However properties in all these suburbs are just flying off the shelf. I have some good relationships with some agents and they phone me when they get something which gets me some decent product. However while talking with them I see the action that is occurring. When I perform searches and i get 150 properties most these suburbs have > 2/3rds under contract. My point is in my opinion I see sales volume in suburbs out side of brisbane, south very high...

Anyone have some thoughts?

Chris

What areas are you talking about Chris?

Be interesting to see how 2007 evolves and BrisVegas, Sydeny and Melborn perform

Hello!

Logan,Crestmead,Marsden,Kingston,Woodridge,Beenleigh,Eagleby and anything north of them as well.

Pretty amazing if you ask me. One property manager I spoke to this morning manages 350 properties and only 2 (units) are available.

Got to love it!
Chris

Logan,Crestmead,Marsden,Kingston,Woodridge,Beenleigh,Eagleby and anything north of them as well.
cdpalmer,well done but i just wanted to ask the question what sort of entry price are you talking about in the Logan market and when you look at the sales volumes and prices from 2 years ago up to now is there any difference
in price?..good luck willair..

I just checked realestate.com.au. Mayn of the houses are around 230-270K.
How much rent do you get for properties around these areas?
They are not close to Brisbane or a beach are they?

Pretty suburb area, but I like it because it's going to take the 'push-out' from Brisbane and the GC. I have a house at Edens Landing (next to Eagleby) that's renting for $245pw.
Alex

Hi,

Also I have noticed lots of new developments in these areas. I have been looking at these area's for a few months. The cheaper units are usually sold within a few weeks at the most and they provide the better returns. I also recently started to see some over priced properties. I think those are aimed at the interstate investors that dont do their homework. But I have defintly noticed positive activity in this area in the last 6 months.

Agree Chris. I have been buying in se qld over the last five years and have noticed that since sept 06 prices have climbed sharply all along the se corridor. I am struggling for the first time in 5 years to buy undermarket valued properties...

Saw a very unrenovated highset in woodridge get sold at auction for close to 190k which was unheard of 6 months ago. Sub 200k in logan will be a thing of the past shortly - probably already the case in eagleby and surrounding. One can still get under 200k in ipswich but those properties will be needing alot of work.

Rents are absolutely scorching hot at the moment - and are perhaps one reason why prices continue to climb.

WB

Friends!

I just bought 1 in crestmead for 230k will rent for 270-280 and another in Woodridge (240K) and once "spruced" up will rent for 240-250. However the woodridge I plan on putting at least 4 units on it.

Still looking for another two...

Chris

Curumbin

Friends!

I just bought 1 in crestmead for 230k will rent for 270-280 and another in Woodridge (240K) and once "spruced" up will rent for 240-250. However the woodridge I plan on putting at least 4 units on it.

Still looking for another two...

Chris

Good work Chris....

I notice you are from Currumbin.....what do you think of the investment opportunities in and arounf curummbin?

Richard

Chris,

yes I hold property in beenleigh and eagleby and have noticed the market running hot.

Cant believe how much is under contract. I have noticed units in Beenleigh doing really well.

I think the population growth as well as focus on the interest rate cycle peak is a factor.

Tim

Hi all.

I was speaking with 2 different agents from western suburbs of bris today based in the Jindalee area, they said listings are lasting 1-3 days. Spoke to another in Graceville, who said they cant keep good stock and its flying.

Considering one of the sales was on market for 2 days and under contract behind my IP, its hard to say, and considering the source as well.

Tim,

I also hold property in Beenleigh.

I recently got a bit excited when I looked up the Jan 2007 release of "The Gold Coast Planning Scheme". Beenleigh Town Centre has been redefined with new boundaries and revised Residential Density and height restrictions.

The potential for development of properties within the BTC boundary has become quite interesting...........:)

For anyone interested, I have included a link below to the Jan '07 GC planning scheme maps that covers all the main centres within the Cold Coast Shire.

http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/gcplanningscheme_new/Support_files/maps_lap.htm#1

Cheers,
AnneDe

Hi all.

I was speaking with 2 different agents from western suburbs of bris today based in the Jindalee area, they said listings are lasting 1-3 days. Spoke to another in Graceville, who said they cant keep good stock and its flying.

Considering one of the sales was on market for 2 days and under contract behind my IP, its hard to say, and considering the source as well.

And this has been on the market in Bundamba for month's

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=66332799&s=qld&snf=rbs&tm=1171364523

BB

Good work Chris....

I notice you are from Currumbin.....what do you think of the investment opportunities in and arounf curummbin?

Richard

Hi Rich!

Don't want to side track the focus of the thread but since you asked. I have two properties in Currumbin my PPOR and an IP. Its an excellent suburb to live in or purchase IP properties. Sub 400k houses are a thing of the past. There may be 1 or two things still that come up but not likely. My subjective opinion is that currumbin will be a very expensive suburb some day.

Hey, I also live in South Perth if you want to talk more about it over coffee.

Chris

Hi all.

I have also seen sub 5 day houses on the market.

Chris

Back