Brisbane. Not that it needs much more hyping ... But

We have our PPOR up for sale and are looking for a block or suitable replacement....everything is going in a mater of days.

Lets hope our place does as well, open house is on saturday.....then the problem will be the replacement.

Brisbane is indeed warming up. Wouldn't say it's hot yet. I'd place it at an 8 or 9 o'clock on the property cycle clock versus an 11 or 12.

Brisbane is indeed warming up. Wouldn't say it's hot yet. I'd place it at an 8 or 9 o'clock on the property cycle clock versus an 11 or 12.
Maybe a 7 on the clock. We are on the move but only just over 2009 highs and not all areas. The cycle is normally 3 or 4 years on the up and we are only 6-12 months in.

Anyone with historical knowledge of approximately how long it takes before the 'heat' moves down to the Gold Coast
It's started, the huge discounted properties have almost disappeared from 12-18 months ago and sales have increased dramatically. Next comes price growth.

just wondering, one of my good tradies has asked which suburb he would recommend up to $350k, possibly $400k, for the best increase in equity for a full reno, strucutrual is fine as well,

where do people recommened? at that price range, I was thinking, since he can do it himself, maybe something along the lines of $30-$40k reno (his labour free), net increase in equity, $100k, ie $70-60k profit

If your tradie mate is a chippy and a risk taker, he may like this one.. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-graceville-116551687

I don't mind a challenging reno, but for this one you really need to be a chippy. I noticed at least one load bearing wall that needs replacing.

On the northside I like Keperra/Arana Hills in that price range.

Why would you recommend something like that. It is a lot of work and sits very close to the river. Next floods, it's drowning again.

Why would you recommend something like that. It is a lot of work and sits very close to the river. Next floods, it's drowning again.

You may well be able to jack it above the flood level and have washout areas underneath. Might not see another flood for a decade or 2, if you can make for easy cleanup and the price is right it could be ok.

Why would you recommend something like that.
$500k below the suburb median price is a pretty good reason why
It is a lot of work and sits very close to the river. Next floods, it's drowning again.
It's not guaranteed to flood.. we had another significant peak in the river level in 2013 and it didn't flood then.
It's obvious this purchase is a gamble.. but could pay off for someone. Before the 2011 flood, the 74 flood didn't enter the equation for 99% of first home buyers..

do you guys reckon its better to go for a say $300k property with huge reno potential, or $400k with the same % reno potential,

my freind is having a look at logan but ive told him the jobs are probably a bit too small for him at that price range, so now he thinks maybe $300k is a better starting point

anyone got any pointers?

I like the flood one personallY!!!

If your tradie mate is a chippy and a risk taker, he may like this one.. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-graceville-116551687

I don't mind a challenging reno, but for this one you really need to be a chippy. I noticed at least one load bearing wall that needs replacing.

On the northside I like Keperra/Arana Hills in that price range.

that one will most likely sell tomorrow, massive amount of interest,

not sure if people know what they are getting into as the water hit the ceiling!!!

but a quickfired $100k equity if you can secure it at listed price

that one will most likely sell tomorrow, massive amount of interest,

not sure if people know what they are getting into as the water hit the ceiling!!!

but a quickfired $100k equity if you can secure it at listed price
I would imagine that the insurance costs would be through the roof ... if you could actually get insurance that is. I know I wouldn't be brave enough to take this project on, but someone will I'm sure.

Mystery ...:eek:

just thinking..wouldn't you limit type of buyers in the future for flood prone properties?
you can do whatever to raise the dwelling to the sky, but you can't change the document in the council archives... And for some fussy buyers like me, I perform desktop diligence and if it's on or close to flood prone, I walk without 2nd look at the dwelling.

Back