Brisbane Office Space Lease or Sub Lease -Wanted

Hi All

We are spinning off our law firm conveyancing practice into a separate, stand alone, conveyancing branded law practice. We have our nice flash law offices already in Mary St.

The spin off needs to be low overhead to allow us to compete on price while still having each matter directly handled by a solicitor.

As such am chasing 50-80m2 office space in the CBD or Spring Hill as we need to be in walking distance of the head offices of the banks for settlements.

Anticipate that we will outgrow 50m2 within a year, but as we need to keep that overhead low we need to keep it small at first.

We are happy to look at subleases etc and we don't need it to be an upmarket fit out like our current one (current legal practice is staying where it is, we are just taking our conveyancing staff to the new firm).

There are heaps around in the CBD at the moment and some quite good deals on offer, however taking over the last year or so or subleasing an area for 12 months would be much more attractive at this stage so that in year 2-3 we can go for a larger space.

If you have anything or know of someone who does please contact me.

Must be within walking distance of the head branches in the city i take it? Not city fringe ie. South Brisbane, West End?

Spot on gbang. Fortitude Valley is too far. Spring Hill works because its a quick walk down the hill to the banks. Multiple settlements a day means it needs to be within 10mins walk max.

Cheers

May be able to help you out somewhat. I work in commercial vals in Brissy so I have some people that might be able to help you. Have you jumped on real commercial and seens what available?

Spot on gbang. Fortitude Valley is too far. Spring Hill works because its a quick walk down the hill to the banks. Multiple settlements a day means it needs to be within 10mins walk max.

Cheers

Hi Gb

Thanks.

Heaps on the sites.

More looking for a sub-lease type opportunity for a year.

We are growing rapidly but still need to keep o/h down, so ideally sublease 50m2 for a year or so and then move on to the 100m2 plus

RPI silly question, but why not just run it out of existing premises during the growth phase then move into its own decent premises when ready?

I have seen a number of times where employees have been moved from nice schmick offices into dingy cheap offices and it really saps staff morale with a rise in turnover.

Hi DaveM

Not a silly question.

We have outgrown that space, and have spent this year growing inside the existing one.

Why not find a small space within a reasonably vacant building with a view of taking a larger space within the same building in a year or two. You'll be able to get a good deal in Spring Hill. It's fallen behind in comparison to other fringe areas and its a pretty dead end of town atm. Incentives are around 30% for the area but considering you only want a year lease, you may be paying a bit more.

Hi DaveM

Not a silly question.

We have outgrown that space, and have spent this year growing inside the existing one.

Back