Budget kitchen Perth

It's a while since I've done a renovation, so have lost a lot of my contacts. I used LTD for the kitchen last time, but can't seem to track them down.

Can anyone recommend a budget kitchen company in Perth please? :confused:

Cheers

Some years ago I put together a kitchen using components from Ross's Salvage in Bayswater. Still going good and would recommend them if you want to save a bit. Also, get plumbing components wholesale, you can save big.

Thanks, WJ.

The incumbent tenant has started behaving :D , so I may not have to evict her after all - therefore won't have to do the reno - thank goodness.

I've used Ross's cupboards before, but found that it was more expensive by the time I paid someone to put the kitchen together.

Cheers

itinerantotter said:
Thanks, WJ.

The incumbent tenant has started behaving :D , so I may not have to evict her after all - therefore won't have to do the reno - thank goodness.

I've used Ross's cupboards before, but found that it was more expensive by the time I paid someone to put the kitchen together.

Cheers

Ah, thats the key, I put it all together myself :)

Glad the tenant is behaving better, but keep on your toes. I've found that once a troublemaker, often continues to be. but then again I am the worlds worst cynic :p

Hi!

About 2 years ago I used a place called Kitchen Solutions - they were in Myaree or around there somewhere ;->

I found they were the cheapest (even more so than buying directly from Proform even though they used their product).

I ordered flat packs and put them together myself but it would be worth looking into...

Hope this helps!

Am :eek:)

G'Day Otter

Don't overlook Bunnings for individual cabinets and whole kitchens.

My Residential Tenancies tutor claimed that at one time (he started life as a carpenter) he bought, renovated and sold 22 properties in 22 months.

Max said that he bought all cabinets from McEwens. He would take his floor measurements in to the store, go up the back to where the timber was stored, mark out with chalk the dimensions of the kitchen he was doing, then play around with actual cabinets until he got the right fit.

In those days everything came assembled, so he would buy the entire kitchen, load it into the trailer, and knew that it would all fit straight into the space available back on the job.

Bunnings are good if you just want straight runs with cabinets. I tried to get them to quote for Myrtle, but the angled shape of the pantry and custom fit of the cabinets plus drawers was a bit beyond them. The keep prices down by just offering a basic range but any colour combination you want.

Also, friends of ours have an Ikea kitchen, installed 20 years now, not a scratch on it and the drawers still run smoothly. They installed a timber bench top of their own design but all the cabinets are straight out of the pack.

That house is mud brick, hand made entirely by the man of the house, with a packed brick floor, and the Ikea cabinets are still a perfect balance in design.

Cheers

Kristine

Back