Builders in outer eastern melbourne

Hi all. I've got a block which I can subdivide and build at the back in NUNAWADING. I do not want to be an owner builder.

1) Do big builders eg. Metricon, NAtional Builders Group build small houses on subdivided properties or do I have to find a private builder?
2) Does anyone know of good (reasonable cost for reasonable quality) private builders in Outer Eastern of Melbourne region?
3) IS it possible for me to engage a private builder to build frame,roof and plaster. Then get my own tradespeople to do all the internal work eg. electrical, tiling, kitchen etc? As I assume this would be cheaper?

Thanks in advance.

Friends of ours subdivided their rear yard used Porter Davis for the 3 lots they created. They are looking to use them again in the near future.

Cheers
Buddybee

Drewy,

I imagine that the big builders will build anywhere. But be weary. We are using NBG for a house at the moment. They are extremely slow. Everything takes a VERY long time to do. Even if they completed the house in the next month I would never use them again.

We are also looking at adding a few rooms to another house and had all the same questions as yourself. Would be interested to hear of others experiences with managing the building process (your point 3).

I am of the understanding that the major project builders will build in metro areas however, I'm also of the understanding that, in established areas they charge a surcharge for building there.

My in-laws live near there, and I have noticed heaps of development in the Blackburn/ Nunawading area. Perhaps drive by and have a chat with some of the builders there?

Back