Building a duplex in blacktown council

As in title im looking at purchasing land (or house which i will demolish) within the blacktown council area with the intention of building a duplex.

From the DCP i found that a duplex can be built through dual occupancy with a land over 400m2. I will be looking at properties 600-700m2.

Anyway on the DCP it mentioned i cannot subdivide a dual occupancy through torrens, strata or community title. I went and confirmed this with the town planner at blacktown council today who told me i can build a duplex but wont be able to sell them individually. The only advice he said was to speak to a conveyancer. Before i do that i thought i may get ideas of here in regard to anyone that may have built and sold duplexes within blacktown council and how they went through it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Worst come worst i will have stay clear of blacktown council and move towards areas in penrith council (of which i spoke to a town planner today and everything seemed straight fowards)

From memory blacktown will allow sub-division of detached houses on 600m corner blocks, but not duplex. Go figure... I did a sub-divided duplex in penrith about 12 years back and yes was less trouble. But, hard to find the right block I know I never was able again at suitable price, too old and lazy to try much since then.

Best advise usually from local draftsman or surveyor, don't rely on the council duty planner.

thanks for the reply

as for penrith i have told it would have to built as dual occupancy but then i can have it strata titled to sell each duplex individually

as for blacktown they just said no

theres plenty of nice blocks but im wanting to stay closer to the city as possible with budget (yes i know im really far lol)

Back