building and pest inspectiom

Is it worth getting a building and pest inspection done on a 2 year old small house? This house has common walls with the other houses on both sides.

Is it worth getting a building and pest inspection done on a 2 year old small house? This house has common walls with the other houses on both sides.

Yes definitely. I have seen 6 month old (new) houses suffer severe termite damage (when no pest treatment was done) before the slab was laid. You never know.

Yes - of course.

You're potentially spending a significant amount of money - a small amount spent on B&P reports is worth it.

Even newer properties can come with defects and pest issues as outlined above.

Cheers

Jamie

Even doing one for a cheapie house I bought at land value.

Sometimes issues are cheaper to prevent if you know about things early.

Often its good for someone to point out the issues with the property so you at least know and can fix whenever you seem fit depending on the severity of the issue.

Even doing one for a cheapie house I bought at land value.

Sometimes issues are cheaper to prevent if you know about things early.

And he finds signs of current termite infestation, damp issues, severe water damage, and many other unseen issues with this property.

True story! Glad it's subject to inspection...

For $400 I now have the option to pull out or reduce price significantly.

Glad I got it checked!

I did a P&B on my own place before selling at agents suggestion...To see what issues a buyer may see before listing it. This can mean the asking price is met rather then negotiated down. They identified a light sag in roof timbers - My uncle fixed it in 90mins. They noted a long very light crack in exterior brickwork (structural) ...We planted tall shrubs and a climbing fruit plant. They found rot in a huge pergola (one post) - We avoided full repaint by replacing one post and paint matching it. They suggested we treat for general pests (of course)....No cockroaches during open house.

I was shocked the buyers never did one but was prepared. I always get one. Its a tool to assist price negotiation (or to guide when to walk away).
Walked away on a few reports.

Currently organising a building and pest in QLD and was wondering if anyone has used thermal imaging with their inspections to help pick up damp or termite infestation..

Cheers
Coota

Back