Building contracts queensland

Hi,
Does anyone have a copy of a standard building contract in Queensland for building a house that they could fax me, or give me a weblink for?

I need it for my work, and I've been chasing my boss to get one for 3 weeks. Then I thought.... why do I bother, just go to Somersoft.

I dont need an original, just a copy to see what is in it.

Thanks,

Pen

pennyk said:
Hi,
Does anyone have a copy of a standard building contract in Queensland for building a house that they could fax me, or give me a weblink for?

I need it for my work, and I've been chasing my boss to get one for 3 weeks. Then I thought.... why do I bother, just go to Somersoft.

I dont need an original, just a copy to see what is in it.

Thanks,

Pen

Hi Penny,

If someone doesnt come up with a copy you can look at, you can order the
BSA Major Works Contract Pack from the BSA QLD site. It should only cost $10.

Hope this helps,

Jamie.

A building contract is more than just a contract. You will also require the architectural, engineering etc drawings and specification. These define the scope of the work, as well as the quality of the works. It's there for your protection should disputes arise.

As far as I know, the BSA contract tends to favour the builder. You should look up contracts done by the RAIA, or some of the architects who write specifications, like natspec, or specpak etc.

Back