Buy Property Direct

These property "experts" advertise on the radio a lot. They sponsor TripleM football .

This advertising costs lots of money. These sort of outfits pay pretty decent commissions to their sales force.

How do you think they can afford to spend all that money and make a profit?

Generally in my experience, it is far better to buy a recently completed second hand dwelling than to buy one off the plan despite the additional stamp duty.

I have never ever seen places sold by outfits like this actually worth the sale price at date of sale.

Mind you I could be wrong with this outfit, they could be different and may well be acting in your best interests rather than their own.

cheers

RightValue

All properties listed on their website appear to be off the plan. This is a big alarm bell for me. Properties are all inner city appartments or outer suburbs in developing areas. No established properties. This suggests they're focussing solely on properties coming from developers. In my experience most of the profit goes to the developers and the sales/marketing group. There's rarely anything left for the buyer to make a profit on in the short term.

They also appear bundle this with property management and accounting/tax. Another big alarm bell. There doesn't appear to be any real avenue to get your own independant advice. The advice at every level of the transaciton comes from them (the group selling the property). Finance and legal advice looks like it comes from a perferred supplier (could be good or bad depending on how independant the perferred supplier considers themselves).

If you want help buying a property, employ a buyers agent, not the same person selling you the property. Also get your finance, legal and tax advice from someone indepentant of the people selling the property.

Yes as RV and PT_Bear have said. You'll find that these companies that offer the 'full service' will tend to stitch you up quite nicely (for them). Caveat emptor.

Back