Buyer's Agent for Seaford/Frankston/Ballarat

I do work for an advisory firm and am not worried about putting my name out there. Giving misleading information could hypothetically get me sued given my CPV status so I'm certainly not on here to mislead anyone.

No offence and not trying to be a Smartie Pants, but what type of advisor is worried about being sued? People make mistakes, especially being an advisor since most human beings are not psychic and cant truly pick the markets, at most they can make good calculated guesses, everything is theoretical when it comes to predictions. Misleading is not good for anyone but you should rather say. "I don't want to mislead cause I don't want to look silly if I'm wrong", not because you could Hypothetically get sued, that's why I and many other professionals who use their mouth have Professional Indemnity Insurance, I presume you don't have any since stating your not here to mislead anyone, cause hypothetically you could be sued????? (my apologies if you do have PI insurance, but why care if you are covered?)

Have you been to 'The Pines' before and had a walk around the streets? It's a real eye opener and after doing so I could understand why the values were below 'median'.

Have you ever stayed more than a few days / lived in the pines? (I have) What type of market research does walking through the pines provide? How does that give any merit to understanding why the values are below median? I'd say go stay a week in "The Pines" & in some of Melbourne's other shady suburbs such as Heidelberg West in the North, Kings Park in the West, Footscray in the West, etc.... Even that might give you some idea but there are son many other factors to take into account.

Id say the BIG one is Stigma / Stereotype that has more to do with it. I used to live in Collingwood a good 15yrs ago and can tell you that, it was a suburb that required you to be smart and streetwise, it was known as the Junkie Capital, but I never had any major issues living there because you can adapt to your environment, learn the ins and outs and how to handle the bad people in the area (predominately the drug addicts in the case of Collingwood)

That being said I had a friend living In Frankston North Couple years ago and requested id stay with him for couple weeks to suss out the area, before deciding to buy an IP in the area (along with my other research), Let me tell you, In comparison to the above mentioned suburbs, I would pick Frankston North, Hands down. It has a bad stigma from 10+ years ago and that's about it really, given it is no Parkdale, Northcote, Kew, Hawthorn, Toorak, Brighton etc... but alot better than many places that I know are much worse, that said, this little gem of a suburb is only going to get better and sooner or later (As it cleans up with new buyers in the area) It will almost be on par with the rest of Frankston / Frankston South.

No need to get into stats here but rental yield is good, the suburb is undervalued, good bargains in the area and in close proximity to everything you could ever want, beach, shopping centres, million dollar properties, parks, recreation facilities, freeways, etc...

Everything surrounding FN is sitting much higher than the median house price of FN, Seaford 440k+ Frankston 400K+ Carrum Downs 340k+ Frankston South 580k+ Mt Eliza 1.1mil+

Department of Housing Sold a bucket load of houses to private owners in the 90's and since then, private ownership continues to grow with the remaining state owned homes slowly being sold off by the Napthine govt, in 2011 the state still owned 250 dwellings, This has drastically fallen since 2011, but since their is no newer census data, percentages are speculative, word has it the its around 20-25% mark.

Anyhow, no matter which way you look at it, Melbourne's population is ever growing, In terms of affordability & one cant help but notice the undervalued little pocket called "Frankston North" good for an IP or PPOR in my opinion. Just a matter of time before its too hot to touch. I think timing is just about right to buy, personally I think their will be a decline in property sales by end of year, so id wait a couple months to see how the markets are, that said plenty people told me to wait before purchasing an IP a couple years ago in Oak Hill Estate reservoir, I didn't wait and my property is now valued at 250k above what I paid. SO don't just take my word on it, act on your gut feeling so you only have yourself to thank or blame if your wrong. "You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink"

I think everything has been taken a little out of context.

To grand dad and in the shadows.... I'm not here to talk about my insurance policy and the fact that there is a thing called a 'premium'. I'm also not here to provide a CV. I'm not here to argue that 'The Pines' isn't a suburb as I never said it was, I'm also not here to dispute 6% yields as I agree with you on this, I'm also not here to have a maths lesson on what 'median' means. I'm also not here to defend the fact I buy new property as I don't - those are development projects we have undertaken and a development site we have for sale.

Look forward to seeing how your crystal ball predictions go over the next few years and hope it returns better than the aforementioned example.

I think everything has been taken a little out of context.

Hi

It always does when a discussion on Frankston pops up. Us bogan's (ME) are passionate about our heritage and nothing beats the longevity of our unique children's playground area, the trusty burnt out hq:mad: I should put a patent on that idea.

You have "grandad" on these forums who is passionate about the area and I may as well be his grandson and continue to uphold the tradition!!

All good let's move on...:D

Regards,

alicudi

Well, is there anybody out there who can answer the OP's question? If I recall correctly He/She wants a Buyers Agent for Frankston/Seaford.

I just can't resist ...

grand dad! Jacque has posted a whole list of BAs a few pages back. That question was answered 4 years ago and also answered this Sunday! :p

InTheShadows - well said

alicudi - :confused:

In any case, the question is now: how can you buy under the median in a warm to hot market? This was asked by someone a few pages back - like this week.

InTheShadows has answered it - the whole place is under the median. It's all good value. If you can get quality dirt-cheap bottom quartile in 2014, go for it. From what I see, those opportunities aren't there right now. They were there 2 years ago, not now. Stock on market has reduced markedly.
Houses that appear good but cheap in photos turn out to have major faults, be on main roads, etc.

PropertyInvest1 - why on earth did you choose to take on Frankstonites for your first round of posts? Even when we disagree with each other, we're all in it together and then more of us come out of the woodwork.
BTW: You're wasting your breath/finger tips/ time lecturing grand dad. We've all tried.
Glad you took your photo down. Good looking guy but seem a bit young to be lecturing.

G'day Justmad,

I used JPP Buyers Advocates for my first investment purchase in Seaford, they know the area very well and I'm very happy with my purchase, and the service I received.

As it was my first investment I asked lots of questions, and they showed me plenty of suitable properties, at the end, mostly due to my procrastination, the whole process took about 12 months, but they just kept up giving their advice and finding suitable properties.

Phil. :)

This guy suggested this BA 4 years ago :rolleyes:

'Grand Dad'

I do work for an advisory firm and am not worried about putting my name out there. Giving misleading information could hypothetically get me sued given my CPV status so I'm certainly not on here to mislead anyone.

Sorry how would you 'hypothetically' get sued? First you are not doing a property valuation and second you are not giving information in a professional setting.

To grand dad and in the shadows.... I'm not here to talk about my insurance policy and the fact that there is a thing called a 'premium'.
I'm not here to discuss your insurance either, Was just making an observation on the fact you used a cop out excuse for why you didn't want to mislead.
Why does it matter on the fact that there is a thing called a 'premium', you pay premiums anyway, either way, unless your not covered and stating that there is a such thing called 'premium' and you don't intent to pay it leaving it for those who are professional enough to pay it....

Don't know bout you but I pay my Professional Indemnity Insurance every year regardless. The amount I pay is known as 'Premium' unless you are referring to the 'excess' and would rather not be in the position of paying that since you don't get paid enough to afford the excess that comes with making a claim, in which case I understand completely.

Look forward to seeing how your crystal ball predictions go over the next few years and hope it returns better than the aforementioned example.

It does not matter how my predictions go over the next few years, I have Professional Indemnity Insurance. ;)

Over and Out

Sorry how would you 'hypothetically' get sued? First you are not doing a property valuation and second you are not giving information in a professional setting.

Well Said ;)

Someone who lumps Parkdale in with Brighton and Kew, wow!

Some hilarious posts from newbies in this thread!
:confused:
I'm not trying to be rude, and am a fan of your material, I've read some of your stuff before on-line, I am familiar with who you are but I ask, could you be any more condescending? (No offence)

Its given that you are an expert, but I fail to see your point. (What am i missing?) The suburbs mentioned are nowhere near suburbs on par with each other in price, however they had been used more generally as examples of areas that are alot more liveable than Frankston North, that being said all the examples I mentioned in that group are by far some of the top most liveable suburbs in Melbourne (top 40 of a total of 314) According to liveability surveys at least.

For reference please refer to:
http://theage.domain.com.au/greater...eability-ranking-revealed-20111122-1nrv2.html

If you are referring to the fact that I clumped suburbs like Brighton & Kew which are worlds apart in terms of capital growth / investment potential, than I'm sorry for causing confusion.

That being said I had a friend living In Frankston North Couple years ago and requested id stay with him for couple weeks to suss out the area, before deciding to buy an IP in the area (along with my other research), Let me tell you, In comparison to the above mentioned suburbs, I would pick Frankston North, Hands down. It has a bad stigma from 10+ years ago and that's about it really, given it is no Parkdale, Northcote, Kew, Hawthorn, Toorak, Brighton etc...

If you did indeed read all of my post, you would have seen the statement "it is no Parkdale, Northcote, Kew, Hawthorn, Toorak, Brighton etc..." was preseeded with mention of staying in an area to get a feel for the liveability of the place, the reason this was even part of my original post was because it was in response to a very vague statement by another poster saying he took a walk in the area and understood why values are below median. As you can see, that sounds pretty vague and needed to be addressed.

If you have made the mistake thinking I was referring to all those suburbs as investment potentials, you are indeed very wrong and apologise for the misunderstanding & am sorry you failed to see the context in which it was being used, but your statement truly came across as very condescending.

Id love to hear from you and If I'm wrong I will accept that gracefully, maybe I'm failing to see or understand your point, maybe you have misunderstood me, please elaborate on the matter & clarify it all for me and the other readers.

Thank You.

Last edited:
Theres a sh.. one from melb do your research and don't use him you might buy a dud in a dud section of an area instead of buying in the good section of an area.
Pm will share details if you need.

Back