Camping outside Land Office in Blackwood Pk. SA

People did camp out ready for the opening of Blackwood Park ten years ago, and now a week before Stage 2 opens on Saturday 2nd of November there are more then 30 families camping outside the the Land Office in the rain ( very wild weather over weekend in Adelaide) for the first 31 allotments to be released.
Prices list: 169K-269K
http://www.blackwoodpark.com.au/

People did camp out ready for the opening of Blackwood Park ten years ago, and now a week before Stage 2 opens on Saturday 2nd of November there are more then 30 families camping outside the the Land Office in the rain ( very wild weather over weekend in Adelaide) for the first 31 allotments to be released.
Prices list: 169K-269K
http://www.blackwoodpark.com.au/

i guess there must be money to be made by getting in, is it a popular area, i know nothing about SA

Sounds like home buyers to me. From an investor's perspective, average price of $200k+ per block and add another $250k for the build. I reckon you will need to put a good home in an estate like this with top finishes. Overall cost will be about $470k all up in a years time but for a very good home. Not sure what the rents will be then but for $470k, I would imagine you could maybe get better returns elsewhere in Adelaide? In saying that, Urban have great design covenants which some what sets it apart from some of the cheapish stock standard 3x2 investor laden estates that seems to be more prevalent in the North. So if you invested here, you probably can't go wrong in the long term but can you afford the negative cashflow and equity drain during the 12 month construction period. But if anyones willing to camp out for me, theres $500 in it.... :)

I wouldn't camp out to buy land. But i will go to ballots and early morning land sales.

But usually, just call them once a week and ask if any land has come back on the market. It's common that finance will fall through for a handful and they usually still sell it at the old price.

I wouldn't camp either. They have list to establish the order of arrival with details of allotments chosen and all interested parties also tick "YES" for Unconditional Offers.
I was looking to buy a land there for PPOR.... well maybe next time :)
Still I will give them a ring on the day to see if any finance fall through.

Hi, I used to live near Blackwood & in 2001, I ticked off the new houses I saw. I counted 33 & last week we went past our old house [very similar to the Blackwood Pk homes except that we're much nearer to the township]. I was an idiot to sell of course but the house is too big for me.

Blackwood is a highly regarded suburb full of upper middle class families. Children live with their parents until their late 20s.

I still have 2 commercial properties there, merrily appreciating away [thank God]

Nearby Glenalta is less expensive & personally I'd buy there rather than in Blackwood Pk but that's a personal thing.

In 10 years, there was only one house sold on our street & that was the one we sold.

Good luck, KY

Back