Can anybody achieve cashflow positive ?

Hmm....I didn't say that either. :D

I didn't say you did skater.... I didn't say you did but for you to read my post and feel that I'm jumping to conclusions, as you did say, obvioulsy I'm not as understanding as I meant to be.

I hope this was ok.

I didn't say you did skater.... I didn't say you did but for you to read my post and feel that I'm jumping to conclusions, as you did say, obvioulsy I'm not as understanding as I meant to be.

Perhaps I would suggest that you did not understand, rather than not being understanding. Two different words with different meanings.

The first meaning that you did not quite read the same meaning as I did, while the other implies that you don't care. I think you care, which is why I think you meant the first meaning, not the second. :cool:

Or have I totally confused you? Cause I know I'm confused myself now, LOL! :D

Perhaps I would suggest that you did not understand, rather than not being understanding. Two different words with different meanings.

The first meaning that you did not quite read the same meaning as I did, while the other implies that you don't care. I think you care, which is why I think you meant the first meaning, not the second. :cool:

Or have I totally confused you? Cause I know I'm confused myself now, LOL! :D

I read the post and got a different understanding of eric than you did.

Thinking about it it seems to happen to me a bit, so I determined that I'm not as understanaidng oas I think.

If I was more understanding, you / someone else muigh thave gottenb something out of that post & said "yeah I see your point a bit" but as you explained, I was way off. I just didn't think eric was trying to be a "baddie" but trying to figure out what he needs to learn.

I jsut didn;t thikn eric was tyign to be a "baddie"

I don't think he's trying to be bad, he's just not trying to do anything for himself, which is not endearing him to people.

I mean, would you honestly go out of your way to help someone who not only does not listen, but tells you to make "wise posts"?

I originally gave an example of a cf+ in Sydney, which is what he wanted and later on he told me I was niave. He asked Nathan about his stuff then later said that it sounded too good to be true. Travelbug gave an example of something which is only neg by around $15pw, he did not even acknowledge that one.

I don't think he's trying to be bad, he's just not trying to do anything for himself, which is not endearing him to people.

I mean, would you honestly go out of your way to help someone who not only does not listen, but tells you to make "wise posts"?

I originally gave an example of a cf+ in Sydney, which is what he wanted and later on he told me I was niave. He asked Nathan about his stuff then later said that it sounded too good to be true. Travelbug gave an example of something which is only neg by around $15pw, he did not even acknowledge that one.

No problem you're right.

I was just trying to be positive

You're right, there is not point. My attempt to see past your explanation of weric and look into why he might be coming acorss like that was pointless.

Skater

you seem making your own rules how this forum should run and want other people to listen to you. and also how did you know I did not do my own research or my own hard legwork? the reason why I asked open end questions is to trigger more discussions. how you came to the conculsion I am lazy and wants to be fed? If I want to be fed, I would not like you to feed me.

overall, your input will only be valued when you are asked.

Skater

you seem making your own rules how this forum should run and want other people to listen to you. and also how did you know I did not do my own research or my own hard legwork? the reason why I asked open end questions is to trigger more discussions. how you came to the conculsion I am lazy and wants to be fed? If I want to be fed, I would not like you to feed me.

overall, your input will only be valued when you are asked.

That happens too.. And come to think of it, I reckon that's a good thing for a beginner to do !

Rather than think they know enough to narrow things down so much, hmm interesting...

Of course, is there the possibility that one might not perfectly phrase a question they might not know exactly how to ask ? ;) but do we not expect "mistakes" from beginners ?

Let's start talking about investment in Hong Kong.

Interest Rate: 1.3%
Yield: 5%

Gearing: 90%

Return on Equity: ~50%

I make all my money back in 2 years. Done

Then if that's a country you feel confident in investing, go for it !!!
Why would you bother investing in Australia, if Hong Kong is better for you?
Property is just a tool.The money is what we are all after.

Then if that's a country you feel confident in investing, go for it !!!
Why would you bother investing in Australia, if Hong Kong is better for you?
Property is just a tool.The money is what we are all after.

Agreed, if you know the market, are comfortable with it etc - why wouldn't you ?!

Tell me there's great capital growth as well and make me jealous now !

Agreed, if you know the market, are comfortable with it etc - why wouldn't you ?!

Tell me there's great capital growth as well and make me jealous now !

Sure

Bel Air No 8

2003 - HK$4000/sq ft
Today - $20,000/sq ft

^_^

I'm sure you've read the top performers in the world recently were:

1. China
2. Hong Kong
3. Singapore
4. Australia

Sure

Bel Air No 8

2003 - HK$4000/sq ft
Today - $20,000/sq ft

^_^

I'm sure you've read the top performers in the world recently were:

1. China
2. Hong Kong
3. Singapore
4. Australia

Yeah - how easy is it to invest in china and hong kong - especially now that they are bannning 2nd homes for people who already own. and the prices have already gone up.

Singapore - u need to be a resident to be able to buy condos. and married to be able to buy HDB.

ok i would really appreciate a few examples....really I would

im not looking for a silver platte rin anyway

people are mentioning the western suburbs of syndey which I have no clue about, and I am pretty sure that the vic market is very diffrent from the nsw market.

so, just purely for example, can anybody kindly show me a property in melbourne that would be cashflow neutral or even a suburb based on 90-100% LVR

I would just like to get an idea.

I am aware that some serviced apartments are renting for like 7-9% which may or may not be neutral,

are they regional areas or the mining town equivalent in victoria

cos basically every suburb i look at regardless of price from $300-$900k its always far far less then 5.2%, i basically take off 3 zeros off the sale price to get 5.2% rent!

ok i would really appreciate a few examples....really I would

im not looking for a silver platte rin anyway

people are mentioning the western suburbs of syndey which I have no clue about, and I am pretty sure that the vic market is very diffrent from the nsw market.

so, just purely for example, can anybody kindly show me a property in melbourne that would be cashflow neutral or even a suburb based on 90-100% LVR
Unlikely, unless you can do something creative like converting the property into dual-occ, or subletting rooms, or cheap reno that boosts yield on purchase price.
I would just like to get an idea.

I am aware that some serviced apartments are renting for like 7-9% which may or may not be neutral,

are they regional areas or the mining town equivalent in victoria
The latest API suggests towns such as Dimboola and Nhill have high yields. However, I believe, if you look closely, you will find good yield properties in towns such as Ballarat, Horsham and Bendigo. Do a forum search for posts by "our obsession" for some Vic regional info.
cos basically every suburb i look at regardless of price from $300-$900k its always far far less then 5.2%, i basically take off 3 zeros off the sale price to get 5.2% rent!

So you either need to purchase at a lower price, or find a way to increase the yield... ;)

Yeah - how easy is it to invest in china and hong kong - especially now that they are bannning 2nd homes for people who already own. and the prices have already gone up.

That's China.

Hong Kong is a different jurisdiction.

They even have different flags.

How easy is it to invest there? Very... you can do it tomorrow if you want. Don't even need any approvals. As usual, research is the key. Can't just rely on every major newspaper headline

That's China.

Hong Kong is a different jurisdiction.

They even have different flags.

How easy is it to invest there? Very... you can do it tomorrow if you want. Don't even need any approvals. As usual, research is the key. Can't just rely on every major newspaper headline

Good point delta - HK is obviously always booming Parents got a place in causeway bay but i've put my money elsewhere in asia on new idea plan.

research is key i agree - if i have sufficient time besides the 10-15 minutes i spend per day on sommersoft. i find melbourne property market has still got lots of new ways to make a return if you can find a niche.

Back