can anyone become wealthy using Peter Spann

I went to couple of Peter Spann seminars/workshops, hundreds of people. During the break people signed up manged funds, bought books/CDs etc. I am sure Peter adds a decent amount to his bank balance running these seminars. Although he mentioned property investing, but only in small print. If someone starts with minimal equity, can he/she accumulate wealth in a relatively short time buying managed funds recommended by Peter Spann ? I really don't think so.

Forget the term "short term". Nothing, and I mean nothing, gives you short term gain except gambling (including speculating on shares). SO you may as well go to the Crown and spend your money there...I hear horses are pretty fun too....:) Investing appropriately is a long term exercise...

Hiya

I dont believe anyone promotes that you can be wealthy in 10 years from simply buying funds

But then I suppose whats the definition of wealthy anyway ??

One mans idea of wealthy is another womans idea of poverty.

ta
rolf

When I went to Peter Spann seminars in around 2000, property was an important part of a balanced portfolio. Peter did very well himself from renovating. Jan Somers' books were an important part of his recommended reading list at the time. In recent years he has not been recommending property- until his last newsletter, where he says that the prospects are good.

I found this forum from a Google when I was investigating Peter Spann.

I'm sure 'someone' can but that doesn't mean 'anyone' can.

Some people get wealthy from all sorts of methods, if anyone could get wealthy from any old method, everyone would be wealthy.

The most sure-fire way to wealth is running wealth-creation seminars, IMHO.

Yeah; I'd suggest you think in terms of a 10 year window.

You can do better sooner if you keep reinvesting all the profits and make sure you resist the urge to sell to "realise a profit" - delayed gratification.

So, there are two specific mindsets involved just in this post that are required.

Not saying you shouldn't ever sell, but the results are usually from a compounded effect.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, gives you short term gain except gambling (including speculating on shares).

Investing appropriately is a long term exercise...

Looking at my own progress in recent times and that of some of the investors that I deal with on a regular basis; I would strongly, strongly disagree.

People are limited only by their imagination and their state of mind. Time is relative.

Looking at my own progress in recent times and that of some of the investors that I deal with on a regular basis; I would strongly, strongly disagree.

People are limited only by their imagination and their state of mind. Time is relative.
care to elaborate a little what strategies/investment vehicle(s) to achieve this.

Do you care to discuss your view further??? I am interested....

You put it out there. Do share.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Hiya

I dont believe anyone promotes that you can be wealthy in 10 years from simply buying funds

But then I suppose whats the definition of wealthy anyway ??

One mans idea of wealthy is another womans idea of poverty.

ta
rolf
This is a very strange response, verging on ignorant. Fama & French have consistently shown small cap growth stocks beat the market, and there are numerous funds that use their methods.
http://mba.tuck.dartmouth.edu/pages/faculty/ken.french/data_library.html
http://www.dfaau.com/

Colonial Boy what planet are you on?

Australian Small Company Trust = 7.45% since 11/00 (1yr=-35.77% )
Global Small Company Trust = 0.48% since 9/00

yeah, it sure it beats
Global Real Estate Trust = -43.45% 11/07
Since the reits felt that RE never goes down and they can borrow ad infinitum.

First is was humping frogs, then calls & puts, then land banking, then whatever the fox makes a commission on like his managed funds. Even frogs jump far in bull stampede.
And the funds?
Generating income made easy 1yr = -20.73%
Emergent 6mths = -12.88%
maximise your growth potential 6mths = -21.15%
Maximiser+ 2007 = tragic death caused by hubris, equity Unit Price $0.51980
And a host of other recommended failed funds.
It costs just under $3,000 to be part of his wealth club.
He's doing seminars teaching people how to trade, and others how to beat the recession.
As you can see he's doing great!
If only his fund managers attended his seminars and learnd to be super traders....

I don't want to hijack the thread; nor do I think it worth opening a new one so I'll keep this brief

Given the way this forum has changed in the last few years, I am reluctant to post details in the same manner that I used to. Suffice to say, that I have used a number of strategies (in property, shares and business) but quickly abandoned the 'buy-and-hold-and-wait-for-the-market-to-rise-and-never-ever-sell' idea. Why? Probably because I'm a selfish Gen-Y and want instant gratification :D

When I get into a deal, I want to know how quickly I'm going to get my cash back, plus profit. Two years is too long.

Again, there are many ways to create wealth from property. I don't have all the answers - that's why I am on this forum, to learn and discover new ideas.

I do, however, believe that to say that ''Nothing, and I mean nothing, gives you short term gain except gambling'' is a limiting statement.

James,

You have piqued my interest......can you please elaborate how you are making the cash in less than 2 years? :D

I promise to beat off the pot shots with a "big stick"! ;)

When I get into a deal, I want to know how quickly I'm going to get my cash back, plus profit. Two years is too long.

Again, there are many ways to create wealth from property. I don't have all the answers - that's why I am on this forum, to learn and discover new ideas.

I do, however, believe that to say that ''Nothing, and I mean nothing, gives you short term gain except gambling'' is a limiting statement.

Long Term Wealth in Property

Hopefully profit can be realised at the end of a development project. So it depends on your time of entry into the development process. While wealth will result out of a single project it is unlikely that the amount of wealth could be make anyone wealthy (though wealth is subjective).

What the majority of successful developers do is go through one or more property cycles before they create real wealth. There are some great buying opportunities in many parts of Australia in the present cycle & many of the professionals are taking advantage of this for the long term.

If you were to buy today, by the time you had you DA approval and Construction Certificates / Permits, selected a builder, built/ renovated then sold it would be easy to burn 2 years. That is unless the renovation was cosmetic or very minor.

Wealth or more specifically Net Worth is usually created over a long time frame. Get rich schemes are what we see out of Hollywood & make headline, but in reality they are extremely rare.

Philip

Back