It's fleece was black as charcoal
Each time it wrote a covered call
Money came out its ..."

Yes, we did something like

"Mary had a little lamb
Money came out its ..."

Man! He never mentioned that at the seminar. He's holding out on us.
I was thinking about signing up for one of these, anyway. No you have helped me make up my mind.

Man! He never mentioned that at the seminar. He's holding out on us.
I was thinking about signing up for one of these, anyway. No you have helped me make up my mind.
Covered calls? They are a part of an entirely different seminar- I don't know if he still does those. Perhaps the Super Trader in 2 weeks covers that.

The original covered calls strategy was presented as something very simple- but he's since done a lot more in depth- things like what to do if the share price moves against you and stuff.

Oh sorry, better then "All Hells Breaking Loose", "Parasite" or "Hard Luck Woman" I guess!
Now you're talkin' my language. Hmmm...did someone give you those titles or did you do a google. Parasite, although a great song IMHO, is a little obscure (unless a fan).

Regards
Marty

No the feel good motivate stuff stopped years ago. Peter hinted at that in one of his posts above. When the regulators started looking in you were no longer allowed to make people feel good and get motivated.

I'm glad I did the courses when I did. The motivate stuff really worked.

I'm glad I did the courses when I did. The motivate stuff really worked.
Ditto. I was one of the first to punch/chop through the wood toward the end of the 3rd day. Can recall thinking I'm going to look stupid if I didn't do it, lol.

Came away from the seminar really pumped and think I broke down a few personal barriers.

Regards
Marty

Hi all,

Some of the newer posters here may not know that I am one of those that have um, not always agreed with Peter's strategies.

I know we have differences of opinion about the covered call strategy, but it is really more the psychology of different approaches, I don't intend to go over old ground.

I really just wanted to say thank-you to Peter for his posts in this thread, about his experiences. It gives a much fuller understanding about his approaches to strategies knowing where they are coming from.

Again thank-you, and kudos (I give kudos very infrequently).

bye

Yes, we did something like

"Mary had a little lamb
Money came out its ..."

Shouldn't that be a Magic moo cow ;)

Very clever though Geoff :D

Great post from Peter above, so the Wealthy Friend was real, I though he may of been a mix of mentors :eek:

I AM, despite the criticism in here, happy with the performance of FXI. You can judge it however you like but there is only one arbiter as far as I am concerned and that is our shareholders. A LIC was probably the wrong structure for that – it would be better as a Managed Fund, but we were influenced by the lawyers and the “trendiness” of businesses like ours raising LIC’s at the time. It has consistently outperformed its benchmark. I was asked why I don’t apply a different index to it, err, that’s because its benchmark IS its benchmark.

[
[/SIZE]

Sorry Peter, but i must pick up on this point. With due respect using the XJO or the australian share price index as the benchmark is misleading.
If you include dividend received in your NTA over time, then of course if should out perform the XJO which is just an index of share prices and doesnt include dividends.

Thats like a property investor saying that they out performed a property price index because they include their net rental receipts and the property price index doesnt.

Thats why i used the accumulation index because it includes dividend payments. And on that basis FXI under performed the accumulation index since its inception.

This is not a bite or snub at you. One of the reasons i use FXI is to track the long term performance of using a call option writing strategy to enhance returns. I understand the basics of the strategy, but i am the first to admit that i am naive as to its detailed application.

Alot of people including my brokers have suggested such strategies to me, but my main concern (especially after a bear market) is getting sold out of my underlying positions, with CGT effect (if the option is called).
So i can track all of this through FXI as obviously as a listed investment vehicle you have to bear all tax and transactional cost consequencies (which then are reflected in your NTA).

Hopefully that fills in the blanks for you. And please don’t ask me about the precise time line – it would take me hours to reconstruct that (it’s already taken me 3 1/2 hours to write this).

Yes it does, and I appreciate very much you taking the time to clarify.
It should be in your books imo.
I thought I was the only one wondering for a while their, but it seems others were also.
And it sure livened up the place a bit, you may get a better attendance rate next seminar ;)
What never ceases to amaze me is how many roads lead back to Results Corporation from way back (Bowden being one of them).

We still have the pieces from the board-break. :)

How does chopping a board help in your wealth ceation plans?
Hi Y-Man.

I also still have my pieces of wood.

Evan, for me, it's more of a psychological thing. Can I break the board, what if I can't etc etc. Of course I broke the board easily. I use that same outlook when the going gets tough re structuring finance etc. I.e, don't give up.

A bit wanky I know, but hey, whatever works huh.

Of course, I realize that no broken board will help me, but it serves as a reminder to the above.

Regards
Marty

Fair enough. But don't forget that its no substitute for getting out of your comfort zone with a bit of risk in a decent size deal.

Thats why paper trading shares doesn't really work. What is happening between the ears is completely different and so you make different decisions deciding to buy/sell a pretend position of $100k shares and a real one of the same amount.

The psychology is completely different and so it is chopping a piece of wood (or walking on hot coals for that matter)

Hi Y-Man.

I also still have my pieces of wood.

Evan, for me, it's more of a psychological thing. Can I break the board, what if I can't etc etc. Of course I broke the board easily. I use that same outlook when the going gets tough re structuring finance etc. I.e, don't give up.

A bit wanky I know, but hey, whatever works huh.

Of course, I realize that no broken board will help me, but it serves as a reminder to the above.

Regards
Marty

hey Kissfan it isn't wanky at all! If Evan doesn't get how it helps with wealth creation then it's just that he is wired differently:)

I get it...go for it.

Back