Can anyone recommend builders in Melbourne? (For units)

Hi all,

My apologies if this is a duplicate thread - I was not able to find any info through the search engine.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend any builders in Melbourne, preferably the Western suburbs who are very competitive in price.

I'm interested in building up to 3 units and have received some rough quotes ranging from $80,000 - $145,000 (I know it's very generic info here)

Obviously they will be IP's, so I'm looking for basic inclusions. No need for 9-foot high roof etc...

Would also love to hear from anyone who has recently built some units (2br & 3br).

Cheers.

Hi Bazari,

you have a couple of options once you obtain your Town Planning Permit, either engaging a larger builder or a smaller boutique builder... Often the larger one may come back with a better quote, but are strict on adding the inclusions agreed upon when writting up the contract (so you need to include everything you need from the start), whereas your smaller builders can be a little more flexible...

That said, the large builder that I have found to be fairly innexpensive for units (once you have obtained your own Town Planning permit) is Burbank Homes (they have a division that works on your drawings - not focussing on their spec homes). Simmons did also have a unit division in the past, not sure if they still offer this service.

For smaller builders, Johns Construction is good & has done many units in the West (office in Altona & have displays @ Caroline Springs if I remember right) & are highly recommended (not necessarily the absolute cheapest, but their quality is good).

G & B Vella Homes is also not bad, their phone number is (03) 9360 7764, their finish is good.

Cheers,

Manny.

Back