Can i build a granny flat on this?

I'm looking at a property and when going through the title search i noticed something rather weird.

The property is say Lot12 in Deposit Plan 123456

Under the First Schedule is the
  • Owners name

Under the Second Schedule it has
  • Reservations and conditions in the crown grant(s)
  • Easement for drainage appurenant to the land above described affecting Lot30 in DP987654

Under the S149 certificate in the flooding section it states "Development on the land, or part of the land, for any other purpose is not subject to flood related development controls.

Also looking at the drawings, there is NO sewerage easement running through the property, the board's sewer is on the road outside the property.

That said there is a drainage reserve, but thats next to a property that is two doors down and no part of this property touches it.

I bought a property with a drainage easement on it, turned out to be an easement on an adjoining property that benefited mine. (That is, my property drains across another, and an easement was created on the other property to enable this.) This could be something similar.

As I have discovered, just because the sewerage easement is not present on the title does not mean that an unregistered sewerage easement does not exist. The only way to confirm it is to get the diagram of sewerage from a hydraulic engineer.

That easement won't be sewer, there ususaly isn't one. Drainage will be stormwater and will be on a registered plan somewhere. Get the seller agent to supply and check the area is not where the gf can go. I usually find the plan in the contract but is often not clear.

Nothing to do with flood either per sec 149. That is not on title anyhow.

I'm looking at a property and when going through the title search i noticed something rather weird.

The property is say Lot12 in Deposit Plan 123456

Under the First Schedule is the
  • Owners name

Under the Second Schedule it has
  • Reservations and conditions in the crown grant(s)
  • Easement for drainage appurenant to the land above described affecting Lot30 in DP987654

Under the S149 certificate in the flooding section it states "Development on the land, or part of the land, for any other purpose is not subject to flood related development controls.

Also looking at the drawings, there is NO sewerage easement running through the property, the board's sewer is on the road outside the property.

That said there is a drainage reserve, but thats next to a property that is two doors down and no part of this property touches it.

1. Easement for drainage appurenant to the land above described affecting Lot30 in DP987654 means theres a DRAINAGE EASEMENT which doesnt affect your property. it's nothing to worry about.

2. Your site IS NOT floof-affected

3. A Sewer Mains has NOTHING to do with a Drainage Easement. Nothing at all. In fact, city Councils have nothing to do with Sewer whatsoever.

There's nothign weird or harmful about any of it.

Brazen

Thanks for confirming guys. :)

Just seemed rather weird why it would have easement thingy under the 2nd schedule for a property that wasnt even part of the same deposit plan.

Back