Can I get a trade discount on that please?

"Tradies" walk in to a hardware store asking for trade discounts. By tradies i mean builders, plumbers, sparkies, painters. Ieven get artists :rolleyes:

Give me one good reason why I should give trade discount to a "tradie" who i have never seen before and most likely won't see again?

I eat food, does that mean i can ask for a discount at Coles? :D

GG

Because if you don't ask, you don't get.

Only you can judge whether giving a discount will pay off or not in the long run.
You can always try upselling and offering a discount.

^ditto both replies above

and always ask for your own purchases for both reasons
at the hardware dealers in our two towns we are now at trade-5%, averaging 30Kyear[sup]-1[/sup] with them though, at first it took a little convincing that a property owner might be more 'trade' than a jobbing carpenter,

By tradies i mean builders, plumbers, sparkies, painters. Ieven get artists :rolleyes:

Give me one good reason why I should give trade discount to a "tradie" who i have never seen before and most likely won't see again?

:D

GG
Because he or she may well tell another Tradeperson that you gave 10% off the walk in public price,30-40% is standard on high volume Plumbing
and from what i'm told from people in Plumbing sales everything is not flying out the doors as it was 1 year ago..

Its not worth asking for a trade discount in a small hardware,we get the paint cheaper than they get it for and that's a fact.

That's why we buy at a trade store on account,for example Bunnings trade discount is still around 30% dearer than I get my paint for.
However there are some specials that come close at certain times,but for me its not worth even looking.

You are so tight Gordon :D

Back