Can someone help me read this water meter??

Should be easy right? But i have no idea how to read this water meter (in KL)....just trying to fill in the Inspection Sheet for the beginning of a Tenancy...

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Hope the attachment works ok (first time i've inserted an attachment!)!

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 231
For some reason when I read "in KL" my mind automatically converted to "Kuala Lumpur" and then said to me "I have no idea how water meters work in Kuala Lumpur" :confused:

Hazard of having clients from o/seas I guess :eek:

I think many would have been led astray on the KL thing because usually units of 1000 are represented as a small k.

kg kilo gram

kN kilo Newton

kPa kilo pascal

etc etc

you are safe with k or K anyway I guess because I don't think their is another unit of measurement for capital K. If the worst that can happen is that you think of your last holiday to Malaysia then that is not usually a bad thing.

unlike for m where an M in its place puts you way off. You could end up with your next water tank around the size of a pin head in stead of 10m x 10m x 10m.

I think many would have been led astray on the KL thing because usually units of 1000 are represented as a small k.

Always, not usually.

you are safe with k or K anyway I guess because I don't think their is another unit of measurement for capital K.

Had a quick check and couldn't see anything that used big K, except Potassium, but that's Chemistry, not physics, so you are probably right.

http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/prefixes.html

Had a quick check and couldn't see anything that used big K, except Potassium, but that's Chemistry, not physics, so you are probably right.

I guess you could end up with a gram of potassium with Kg in stead of kg and whatever you were meant to be dosing up your weed sprayer with could turn out a whole lot different.

Then again you were probably up to no good having TNT in there in the first instance...

Police said the terrorists made a small bomb, using equal parts potassium chloride, TNT and an unidentified black powder, and detonated it.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/17/1042520776708.html

For some reason when I read "in KL" my mind automatically converted to "Kuala Lumpur" and then said to me "I have no idea how water meters work in Kuala Lumpur" :confused:

Hazard of having clients from o/seas I guess :eek:

Ha ha a similar thing happen to me the other day when a client asked for a price by 6pm LT.... i automatically thought they must mean London time, nope... local time.. duh!

I think i jumped to this conclusion as in our industry in Australia we have started saying "sydney time", "Melbourne Time" "Darwin time" instead of AEST or ADST as people were getting confused.

Water meter reading explained:

This is my years of experinece not as a meter reader just PM with some common sense.

kL - means kilo Litre (1,000 litres)

Meter reads, 926,629 litres

Therefore: it becomes 926kL for the purposes of tenancy entry/exit reports

Councils/Water companies normally charge this as: e.g 37kL at $whatever rate they go off.

On the gold Coast - they have two meters (one is for recycled water and this is a lower rate)

There has been some confusion in this forum in the past about Tiers for water charging. The general rule is - water service acces and sewarage services - are owner costs, if property complies with water efficient standards - all water consumption is chargeable to tenant.

Let me add, it needs to be stipulated in the lease and the entry report must have a meter reading on it...

just picked up a property, tenants moving out and based on previous agents lease and non complying entry report - tenants cannot be charged for water use.

Back