Can you convert a workshop to granny if lands size is 448.9 sqm?

If the land size (in Sydney) is 448.9, and the rest of the requirements are met, can I still build (convert the workshop) to granny? or have to be strictly 450sqm or above? Thanks

If the land size (in Sydney) is 448.9, and the rest of the requirements are met, can I still build (convert the workshop) to granny? or have to be strictly 450sqm or above? Thanks

are you for real? you're short of 1.1m which is the size of a small shower cubicle.

You might get it approved but probably it is a DA process more than a 10 day Private Certifier deal.

are you for real? you're short of 1.1m which is the size of a small shower cubicle.

Complying development is a tick the box exercise. You don't meet that requirement you are out. No ifs, buts or maybes. So yes, he is clearly for real and it is a perfectly reasonable question.

OP. You'll have to check whether a secondary dwelling is permissible within the zone and go through a DA rather than complying development.

If a secondary dwelling is not permissible in the zone then you will not be able to do it.

my reading of the rule suggests that the 450sqm requirement is only for detached granny flats- if you convert part of the existing building, no minimum size requirement exists.

is that right?

Back