Can you send me your Depreciation Schedule?

Finally, I made a top ten list !!

Other SS members need to take heed ;)

troll_approval.gif

I thought I was posting helpful info' FL,if not... then I'll just go back into my box and relax

pURGR.gif

Serious net wealth?
Sometimes for some people... it's not the destination that matters... the journey IS the reward. You fail to see that because your judgement is clouded by the tainted influence of your so called "professionals"... that see you as a dollar sign when you walk through the door.

The more you post the more glaringly apparent you are avoiding to accept that you are stubborn and wrong.:( Sorry to say that... but that's the truth.:(

This thread is like Christmas, Easter, Hannukah, Kwanzaa and birthdays all rolled into one. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

I understand why society has division of labour. Why people specialize... i have read Adam Smith - wealth of nations...

You've read a book? Awe, aren't you special! Bully for you!

I'm not an idiot...
Clearly!:rolleyes:

How can an idiot afford to buy an IP?
You've got to ask?

If you succeed, you succeed, but if not, all you gotta do is pick yourself up and try again... - Samantha, my 14 year old daughter.

Awe, how cute, you copied a quote from my daughter, who was 14 at the time. Wise words from a wise girl! She's got more common sense in her little finger than you do, I'm afraid.
You fail to see that because your judgement is clouded by the tainted influence of your so called "professionals"... that see you as a dollar sign when you walk through the door.

That's fine, sunny boy, you just go on believing that, hey?

The more you post the more glaringly apparent you are avoiding to accept that you are stubborn and wrong.:( Sorry to say that... but that's the truth.:(

Reactions: jrc
Thank goodness for Youtube.

If i Buy something for an IP eg a stove, then I KNOW the cost and can work out the depreciation rate.

If I buy an IP then I don't Know the cost base and it is not acceptable to the ATO to guess how to apportion the costs which is why the ATO requires people with experience to determine the cost base.

But you have decided you know more than people like Coastymike who work in this area all the time.

So you are going to tell the ATO that you are right because you have developed a spreadsheet for your property based on someone else's property and that this is OK because someone on Youtube says so.

At this stage the ATO officer will be laughing so much s/he will rupture something.

(Skater has replied so much better)

I know some people seem to find this fun and good entertainment but people like this don't add anything to the community.

Not everyone can take advice. This poster based on previous threads seems like one of them. That's fine for him, he can do what he likes and wear any consequences himself - that's what people that don't take any advice end up doing.

This thread is only evidence of a poster lacking maturity.

That's all - it's Saturday morning..time to go buy a house. :eek:

I know some people seem to find this fun and good entertainment but people like this don't add anything to the community.

Not everyone can take advice. This poster based on previous threads seems like one of them. That's fine for him, he can do what he likes and wear any consequences himself - that's what people that don't take any advice end up doing.

This thread is only evidence of a poster lacking maturity.

That's all - it's Saturday morning..time to go buy a house. :eek:

You are right. People were initially helpful, pointing out the correct procedure. When FL started getting huffy and ridiculing those who do this for a living, the thread turned from people helping him, to people making fun of him, whilst still trying to point out how he should do the right thing to save himself from losing money he is entitled to under the current law, but also because he refuses to listen to people who do this stuff for a living, every day. He continues to point out where they are going wrong :eek:.

Part of me feels bad for FL being poked at like this, but he is bringing it on himself with his nonsensical arguments about why his DIY will work and/or be accepted by the ATO. He needs to pull his head in, realise he is wrong, that he is not a QS or an accountant, that he cannot make up figures and will either lose money he could be claiming legitimately and that he is at risk of his return being flagged via his dodgy figures (or via this forum) and getting a "please explain" knock on the door from the ATO.

Perhaps when either of those things happens (and he may never learn how wrong his figures are and how much he could have claimed had he paid an expert) he will wish he had not been so uppity and superior and told the professionals on here how wrong they are :rolleyes:.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. Albert Einstein:)
I don't get rattled by setbacks, because I learn from my mistakes.

Feel free to make them then FL.

You seem to have a penchant for quotes, here's an apt one for you:

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

Unfortunately I find that the highly intelligent (especially when they have studied applied maths, computer science or ingunearing) 'know best' as the rest of the population know less about numeracy than the 'elite' when in fact they know jack.

I have known retailers who are highly mathematically trained but when discussing retail metrics fail to comprehend and prefer to work with their own (flawed) modeling.

If anyone feels like a bit of a giggle I'd suggest reading through some of fullylucky's other threads. Guarantee to make you feel better about yourself.

If anyone feels like a bit of a giggle I'd suggest reading through some of fullylucky's other threads. Guarantee to make you feel better about yourself.

Absolutely.

Actually, Fullylucky I have a question.

Did you add the bath towels used to keep the bathroom floor dry in your leaking IP to your depreciation schedule? A front door mat is claimable, so I don't see why this wouldn't be?

pinkboy

Absolutely.

Actually, Fullylucky I have a question.

Did you add the bath towels used to keep the bathroom floor dry in your leaking IP to your depreciation schedule? A front door mat is claimable, so I don't see why this wouldn't be?

pinkboy

He'll only be able yo respond on monday, his mobile lender from cba is away this weekend

Thank goodness for Youtube.

So you are going to tell the ATO that you are right because you have developed a spreadsheet for your property based on someone else's property and that this is OK because someone on Youtube says so.

Yeah anything that supports my claim dismiss and jump on the bandwagon like everyone else. It's not just some random on YT. Look at the username. (is your IQ single digit?) ATO put some effort into the transcript to make sure it's correct. ATO has already explained what can be claimed and what can't be claimed, the difference between repair & maintenance and improvement. Initial repairs can't be claimed, seminars to help you find the property can't be claimed etc travel keep a log of mileage x $, the CGT calculations and depreciation and low value pool are all explained.... but you are like ohhh they said numbers that's maths... I can't do it... *cry* I need to call my professional NOW.

Which is why the ATO requires people with experience to determine the cost base. But you have decided you know more than people like Coastymike who work in this area all the time.
You have to start somewhere? How do you think coastymike got experience in the first place? Born with it? Your logic is flawed in every way, so you're saying the moment someone comes along that have more experience than coasty then he is no longer allowed to estimate the depreciation? He must hire that other person?

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. - Oscar Wilde

People are so fearful of making a mistake or failing, that they don't try. If I'm making a mistake that means I'm gaining experience.

They will always be someone with better English and maths skills than you, run faster than you, does that mean you should stop all together lay in a bed and hire professionals to write and calculate things for you?

Last edited:
Back