Canberra IP

Hi
I am looking into doing small reno/developments in Canberra, eg large block, reno existing and add extra units for rent. I am planning to do this with some others in a joint venture/partnership. So I have a few questions that the you might be able to help me with...

Is there any advice from the forum on dealing with the DA through ACTPLA and getting the DA approved?

Does anyone have experience or examples of how to set up the ownership structure with a joint venture/partnership etc?

Thanks

Does anyone have experience or examples of how to set up the ownership structure with a joint venture/partnership etc?

Hi lucky,

Bob Blanda wrote an article on just this thing in the legal section of API magazine - but it might be a couple of years ago now. You might be able to get a back copy off API.

Actpla

Hello,

Do you know about the new subdividing laws? You should call up ACTPLA for more info as from what they have told us, all dual-oc's will be stopped permanently in March and only multi unit sites made up of more than one 800square metre blocks in core area can be made.

If you are already aware, there are a few blocks you can do this to in Macqaurie, Weetangera and Page as they have very large blocks (some up to 2000 square metres even) just start getting fully prepared to buy them though, they sell very quick.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back