Capalaba, Birkdale & Wellington Point (QLD)

I am looking to invest in QLD, specifically I am interested in Birkdale, Wellington Pt & Capalaba. I will be visiting these areas next week. At present the only research that I have done is via the internet. While the internet has been a great resource it is not the same as knowing/ living in the area

I was just wondering whether anyone has had any knowledge/experience with these areas. My investment strategy is buy & hold for long term capital growth.
gav

Birkdale, Wellington Pt, and Capalaba are fairly differrent areas...

Wellington point is more a beachy feeling suburb, there are million dollar waterfront properties there... Whereas Capalaba and Alexadra hills, whilst only being about 10 mins from the beach, are more 'suburban'.

Birkdale is similar in value to the non-beachfront areas in Wellington Point, but obviously ranges in value from the WP end through to the Capalaba end.

Alexandra hills, whilst not mentioned in your post, is a large part of this area. It has good, affordable housing, whilst being close to the beach, and the Capalaba shopping area.

Capalaba is the most affordable area within this group, but still offers good choices in housing, with prices between 175k and 350k.

Rental return in each of these areas varies, but averages around the 5 - 7 %.

Vacancy rate in our office is about 1%.

hope this helps.

asy :D

Hi gav,

I'm about to settle on an 18 month old 4 Bdr in Capalaba.

Monday I hope :confused:

Given the vendors purchase price 18 months ago, compared to my purchase price now, CG in the area has been very good......and yes, I'm sure I didn't pay over market for it, a bit the other way I think :)

I have another IP a few suburbs away that is starting to do well to, so I think the area in general should do well for CG in the long term.

To add to Sim's good links for the area...this one is a bit more general in nature, but a search in here may help too.

http://www.ourbrisbane.com.au/

Cheers

Phil

Back