Looking to purchase Brisbane IP

Sure, it's one of the ways we are different. It's surprising how little investor interest there is in these areas I've found.

I don't think Brisbane is very different

It's just not fully developed like melbourne and Sydney

When the 3 councils expand in the future and link up people will probably stop thinking off manly/ wynnum as some far away place

I know people who live in Brisbane and they have the attitude which seems to be common on this forum - Brisbane city stops after 15km out

15km out.

When I was renting many moons ago and we looked at moving from Kangaroo Point to Coorparoo my girlfriend and I at the time had a serious discussion as to whether we were moving too far out.

15km out.

When I was renting many moons ago and we looked at moving from Kangaroo Point to Coorparoo my girlfriend and I at the time had a serious discussion as to whether we were moving too far out.

Yep and now coorparoo is considered close - what will happen in a few more moons?
In 15 years the population of Brisbane will probably be pushing 3 million, so I'll look at the big picture

15km out.

I think I have a photo of the Brisbane river from about that time RPI ;)

Attachments

• Bulimba reach.jpg
    Bulimba reach.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 146
Sure, it's one of the ways we are different. It's surprising how little investor interest there is in these areas I've found.

Go for a drive around there: just about every second house in Wynnum/Manly has either a DA notice out front or is covered in scaffolding. Lot of development going on.

Hi DD

I am in same boat as you looking to buy a investment property in similar price range. I am looking at Stafford, Chermside area earlier but still thinking and comparing. I am researching about bridgeman downs currently. We can discuss and share our progress if you like.

What does every one think of bridgeman downs?

Hi AVS,

Are you any closer to making a decision. Hope it works out well for you. Unfortunately I can't help with opinions on Bridgemans Downs as I am from Sydney.

Hi AVS,

Are you any closer to making a decision. Hope it works out well for you. Unfortunately I can't help with opinions on Bridgemans Downs as I am from Sydney.

Hi I am still further out. Bridgeman Downs is just another suburb I added in list to confuse myself more, so got couple on list to work on before I can actually finalise which one is best for me :). Also thinking about BA as an option if I cant finalise.

Frenchville Rockhamption or Gladstone QLD

We're currently looking at buying in QLD too and can't decide between Frenchville Rockhamption or Gladstone. Anyone care to share their experiences and thoughts on the areas? Spoke to property managers and many said rents are low due to over supply in Gladstone.

Rockhampton seems to be doing well at the moment, although Gracemere has significant oversupply.

I only hear bad things on Gladstone as far as prices and vacancies go.

Back