Carbon tax

^^^ :eek:

wow, i guess they dont care who is in power as long as their interests are met. that said, they are breaking ranks over 800 jobs.

wood for trees and all that.

The largest load of misinformation is that $23/tonne will do anything to slow/stop/reverse climate change. Come on, tell how much will. Or would that be fearmongering?

Andrew Bolt answered this one last Sunday on his show.

He finally got the answer to the question - by 2020 the temp will probably be decreased by 1/4000th of a degree.

That' 3 zeros.

Wow the unions are cracking it and deserting Gillard

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/union-breaks-ranks-rejects-gillard-carbon-deal-20110719-1hn8n.html

Oh well what do you expect when you lose your job by voting Gillard in? :D:D:D Have fun on 10% unemployment. On and there's not much in the capital cities either because as you know retail is floundering.

News delivered to you by our very own left-wing newspaper!

the ETU have been a notoriously militant union. For those who aren't familiar, the Vic ETU withdrew support from the ALP before the last Federal election. But politics does make strange bed-fellows.

Cast your mind back to the 2004 Federal election in Tasmania where Howard
received a hero's welcome by Forestry workers in direct contrast to the ALP Forestry policy.

Although the pro-CT ads are well done ... and Julia is promising no jobs will be lost ... the Australian people quite simply do not believe or trust her. She has lied too often about important matters in the past.

Bit ironical really - out dollars going to spent on an advertising campaign to sell us something we have blatantly told the government that we don't want!

Can you state what 'often' & 'important' means? Maybe some examples of her many important lies would help us. :rolleyes:

She has lied too often about important matters in the past.

Bit ironical really - out dollars going to spent on an advertising campaign to sell us something we have blatantly told the government that we don't want!

The advertising budget for the CT is $12m. The cost of the Howard govt's advertising for Workchoices was $100m.

I havnt been here for a few days but I see this rampant misinformation is continuing.

Mate, what are you on about? Lizzie made reference to Gillard lying 'often' and i asked her definition of 'often' and examples?

And yes, all politicians lie. Just listen to the right wing in Britain at the moment. Talk about disgrace.

I see, lying twice is a crime. Once is ok!

I don't think this is true either lizzie.

The election was not won or lost over the carbon tax. And elections are never won or lost over a single election promise.

You guys are clinging to this 'no mandate' and lying issue, simply because you don't agree with it.

The fact is, the current govt was elected to lead, and that's precisely what they are doing. This carbon tax decision has not been made on a whim.
Let them do their job, just like everyone else lets you do yours.

That doesn't quite cut it. I dont think shes lying there, except for the last one, which this thread is about.

But what do you expect from an anti CT/Gillard web site. Do you have any impartial sources of her 'lying often'?

From the site:

"This is a joint initiative between Menzies House and the Conservative Action Network"

OMG!!

Many lies on the one same thing

"Four Lies about carbon pollution" Julia always uses The slogan "carbon pollution"

Tony Abbott:

“The argument [on climate change] is absolute crap.”

SOURCE: THE AUSTRALIAN, 12 DECEMBER 2009

“We can’t conclusively say whether man-made carbon dioxide emissions are contributing to climate change.”

SOURCE: TONY ABBOTT, SPEECH, 27 JULY 2009

T.A:
“I think the science behind the policy is contentious to say the least.”

SOURCE: ABC RADIO AM, 4 AUGUST 2009

“I am, as you know, hugely unconvinced by the so-called settled science on climate change.”

SOURCE: ABC 7.30 REPORT, 27 JULY 2009

Tony:

“It seems that, notwithstanding the dramatic increases in manmade CO2 emissions over the last decade, the world's warming has stopped.”

SOURCE: HERALD SUN, 5 JANUARY 2010.

A Climate Institute analysis last week found the Coalition's policies would result in emissions being 7 per cent higher than 2000 by 2020. That's a long way from a 5 per cent cut.

SOURCE: SYDNEY MORNING HERALD, 19 JULY 2010

Representatives of the electricity industry say Tony Abbott’s plans will result in higher electricity prices.

Chief Executive of the Energy Supply Association, Brad Page, says:

''Without a long-term carbon price the problem of inefficient investment has still not been addressed and electricity prices will still go up,'' Mr Page said.

SOURCE: SYDNEY MORNING HERALD, 30 JULY 2010

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back