Carbon tax

To continue with your list. I for one don't care about Muslims. They can have their sharia law for all I care. It won't affect me. I'm all for it. Lets go the way of Saudi Arabia and ban women from driving cars for one. We all know women drivers are bad anyway.:p And if some silly women wants to wear a black burka in 37% heat in summer, then good on her. When you have travelled to places like Egypt and Jordan and spoken to the locals (tax drivers stories, etc), hey, bring on the mans world mate. Forget this equal opportunity stuff.
Anyway, I'll now talk to my Chinese wife about how racist us right wingers are.
zǒu hǎo

841 posts.
56 pages.

Muslims, burkas, Chinese, lesbians, gays, women drivers? on a CO2 tax thread?

What's the bet Sim has his figure hovering over the locked button?:D

See ya's.

Value of Waterfront Properties and the Panic of Sea-Level Rises

hi Evan,

Personally, I am suprised that you are so keen on the CO2 Tax.

Do you still have property on the Central Coast?

Tanya Plibersek (?) has been up on the coast scaring little old ladies and telling them the The Central Coast will be THE most affected area by sea-level rises. She "fears" for anyone who lives near a "river." Laughable, if it wasn't so serious.

Gosford and Wyong Councils have been making certain allowances for the 90m sea-level rise that "may" happen and have made certain stipulations in the planning department in regards to building requirements- you can imagine. Gosford Council sent out a letter to properties located within approx 400-500 meters from the ocean advising them of the sea-level rises.

I have a friend that is a valuer. This friend has been asked to submit a report I assume to The Valuers General, describing...How Climate Change and Sea-Level Rises have affected the values of waterfront properties along Avoca Beach, Wamberal Beach, Terrigal Beach and Forresters Beach.
Obviously, the "perception" of massive sea-level rises WILL affect pricing along waterfront properties. Especially when you have a Mayor like the Mayor of Gosford Council with his hands financially involved in a green company.

But how can you be asked as a valuer of properties, to CONFIRM sea-level rises?

The question itself is extremely misleading. As my friend said, the questions are coming from "the top down."

Apparently, the report finds no factual evidence of the sort, because the market is in such a bad state that there are not enough recent sales to compare. My friend believes that if anything, it is the "perception" that will drive the prices..if anything. (Aside from the poor state of the market)

You might find this article about decelerating sea-levels interesting:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...uge-records-show/story-fn59niix-1226099350056

PS: You are right about me fearing The Greens and I do fear for my children. Not because of climate-change but because of the manipulation and fear-mongering forced upon them in schools and media. :mad:

Regards, JO

Hi Jo

No, i dont have property on the coast anymore. It gets hammered in a downturn (as i've predicted many times on here).

Re the rest of your post, i wouldnt know as i dont keep up with whats going on up there. But they're all a bit weird in my opinion. :D

So nothing would surprise me. Look at the bizarre antics of Belina Neale et al.

hi Evan,

Personally, I am suprised that you are so keen on the CO2 Tax.

Do you still have property on the Central Coast?

Tanya Plibersek (?) has been up on the coast scaring little old ladies and telling them the The Central Coast will be THE most affected area by sea-level rises. She "fears" for anyone who lives near a "river." Laughable, if it wasn't so serious.

Gosford and Wyong Councils have been making certain allowances for the 90m sea-level rise that "may" happen and have made certain stipulations in the planning department in regards to building requirements- you can imagine. Gosford Council sent out a letter to properties located within approx 400-500 meters from the ocean advising them of the sea-level rises.

I have a friend that is a valuer. This friend has been asked to submit a report I assume to The Valuers General, describing...How Climate Change and Sea-Level Rises have affected the values of waterfront properties along Avoca Beach, Wamberal Beach, Terrigal Beach and Forresters Beach.
Obviously, the "perception" of massive sea-level rises WILL affect pricing along waterfront properties. Especially when you have a Mayor like the Mayor of Gosford Council with his hands financially involved in a green company.

But how can you be asked as a valuer of properties, to CONFIRM sea-level rises?

The question itself is extremely misleading. As my friend said, the questions are coming from "the top down."

Apparently, the report finds no factual evidence of the sort, because the market is in such a bad state that there are not enough recent sales to compare. My friend believes that if anything, it is the "perception" that will drive the prices..if anything. (Aside from the poor state of the market)

You might find this article about decelerating sea-levels interesting:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...uge-records-show/story-fn59niix-1226099350056

PS: You are right about me fearing The Greens and I do fear for my children. Not because of climate-change but because of the manipulation and fear-mongering forced upon them in schools and media. :mad:

Regards, JO

Labor right are disagreeing with gay marriage. That's a big leap from being scared of them or being homophobic.

Its actually similar to Turnbulls (liberal left) views on climate change and CT.

Oh, and i forgot Libs/conservatives fear of gays/Lesbians. Especially Tony Abott (whos's scared of everything, even women). And don't forget the Nationals fear of everything that's not in the boosh.....haha

Hi evand

Good point evand nothing like Gillards/Wongs support for the gay community,

Labor's Right slams gay reform

http://www.theage.com.au/national/labors-right-slams-gay-reform-20110727-1i0ay.html.

Whoops!! wrong party:eek::eek:

Cheers

Pete

Why would he close it? This has gotta be the most entertaining, informative thread for yonks. Keep it up guys.

Do you want it closed?

841 posts.
56 pages.

Muslims, burkas, Chinese, lesbians, gays, women drivers? on a CO2 tax thread?

What's the bet Sim has his figure hovering over the locked button?:D

See ya's.

I'm surprised he hasn't locked it already. :)

There is nothing wrong with mentioning the word Muslim or Lesbian!

As far as Labor's Immigration Policy is concerned....I would be happy to contribute my opinion to another thread......which, if everyone is sensible enough, might last a week.:rolleyes::eek:

I have mixed views on that subject, but not on the policy.

We should all remember, every person on this forum is entitled to an opinion and their own belief system.

Regards, JO

Hi Jo

No, i dont have property on the coast anymore. It gets hammered in a downturn (as i've predicted many times on here).

Re the rest of your post, i wouldnt know as i dont keep up with whats going on up there. But they're all a bit weird in my opinion. :D

So nothing would surprise me. Look at the bizarre antics of Belina Neale et al.

LOL very true.....about Belinda Neal I mean!

Regards JO

Labor right are disagreeing with gay marriage. That's a big leap from being scared of them or being homophobic.

Its actually similar to Turnbulls (liberal left) views on climate change and CT.

Homophobia includes taking a negative attitude towards gays

"Homophobia is a term used to refer to a range of negative attitudes and feelings towards lesbian and gay"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki

Perhaps you can explain to me how this policy is not homophobic because it's
is a very negative policy?

Back