carlton. victoria

Hmmm, interesting one. Housing commission flats mixed in with residential is going to be an interesting recipe.

"240 new public and social housing apartments and 500 other new inner city, residential homes."

All of the existing "public and social housing apartments" close to the city are full of immigrants with not much to do. There is a big drug and violence problem associated with them and mixing residential in with them is a recipe for disaster.

However, former housing commission houses/flats in the Carlton area have sold for big money. The old housing commission in Port Melbourne is another example of location is what matters in property and Carlton has that in spades.

Plenty of jobs, universities and public ammenties all within stones throw of this development. It will more than likely be a winner, just wouldn't want to live there myself.

I would buy there in a heartbeat if I could afford to get in.

I have lived there, the state housing has always been mixed in with the other stuff.

I would probably try and stay as far from the high rise as I could, but Carlton will continue to appeal for many years to come. The Uni's nearby make for great student accommodation needs too.

Get in there!

there's also some rather substantial hospitals around there too, if you don't want snivelly melb arts students nailing Che Guevara banners in your loungeroom :eek:

We have owned a property in North Carlton for five years , and are very happy that we do.
I think it is a fantastic area. Quiet,wide streets, brilliant amenities, close to the city, close to a variety of types of employment.
I believe that it is an area that has a great deal to recommend it , and that this will support prices and demand from tenants .
The development of which you speak will certainly be an improvement over what preceded it.

Back